Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can We offer Magento Shopping Cart as Paid E-commerce Hosted Service for our Customers to Subscribe? 

SaveInstant

Total Posts:  31
Calgary

Can We offer Magento Shopping Cart as Paid E-commerce Hosted Service for our Customers to Subscribe?
Any license restrictions/ considerations we need to be aware?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

h3rB

Total Posts:  15

As far as I know you wouldnt have a problem, but as soon as you alter the core files you have to make them publicly available.

Magento Community
Magento Community

spamhub

Total Posts:  7

As long as you are offering HOSTING services but not SELLING MAGENTO, it is 100% allowed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

websitedesigner

Total Posts:  27

Hi guys we are also looking at offering a hosted version of Magento. We would host it and support it (patch it etc and provide customers with phone support on how to use it etc) for a set monthly fee. I\’m guessing this is ok because we aren\’t charging for the code but how can we brand it? i.e. we can\’t call it hostedmagento.com right? There would be restrictions on using the name - can we call it something else but still use the word Magento? People would have to know what the underlying software is? Can we use the Magento logo? I\’m going through the other posts on here as well but couldn\’t see the answers to those questions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

SaveInstant - 09 March 2009 03:57 PM

Any license restrictions/ considerations we need to be aware?

Its Ok to sell Paid E-commerce Hosted Service for Magento

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community