Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

API Method to Link Simple Products to Configurable Products

koopkoop2

Total Posts:  38

I’ve got the API setup so I can import all my different simple products and create a configurable product. However, which portion of the API allows me to link the simples to their configurable?

If there’s no way to accomplish this through the API, my fallback option is directly linking in the database. I’m prepared to spend a few hours to reverse-engineer the database so I can determine where to place the values, but it would be great if someone could tell me exactly where to place them.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Hippo

Total Posts:  34

I don’t know about the API—try using these queries, works for me:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6941/P30/#t44759

Magento Community
Magento Community

koopkoop2

Total Posts:  38

OK.. thanks. Those queries get me started, but I still have to dig in and confirm those are the only ones I’ll need. I really don’t want to corrupt the database and not find out it had been corrupted until a few months down the road. With the database layout changing every few patches, I wouldn’t be surprised if those queries gave the appearance of “ALL-OK” only to bite you later.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community