Magento Forum

RBS Worldpay

hazardpro

Total Posts:  53

As some of you may know Wordpay is changing their service as of 2th April and merging with The Royal Bank of Scotland Group to produce RBS Worldpay.

They have emailed me stating;

“HOW WILL THIS IMPACT YOUR SERVICE?
If your systems capture payment/order data from ours using the HTML Notification (callback) service, you may need to change your server configurations to recognise and allow communications from a new hostname. (Notifications are typically used to update inventory systems or automate fulfillment processes).

This is a technical change you should refer to your technical resources. It is only necessary if your system validates and accepts incoming communications from specified urls/peer hostnames only. However, if your system does do this, the change must be made before 18th April 2009 in order to ensure your service carries on accepting payments / working in the way it does now. We will be in contact again with the new hostname.”

Is anyone able to tell me if this will effect my Magento site?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pennyswc

Total Posts:  8

I’d also like an answer to this. If this does affect Magento then we need some sort of update ready for when WorldPay changes.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Manos Dilaverakis

Total Posts:  49

This affects you Worldpay module if it checks the url from where you receive data. If there is a relevant field in the admin panel for that module you’ll probably just need to change the URL there. If there isn’t either
a) the module doesn’t check the url, so you don’t need to do anything or
b) the module checks the url which is hardcoded, in which case you need a programmer to take a look at it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

It’s a) the Module does not check incoming requests. It relies on you setting up your MD5 passwords as validation, it does not validate by sender’s hostname/IP etc. which is overkill if you use the available security measures.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community