Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Special Price not displaying

jballotti
Guru

Total Posts:  339
Chicago area

I have a fresh installation of the latest version of Magento on an XAMPP local test server. I have one downloadable product configured with a special price. The price is displayed but not the special price, anywhere including the checkout page. I would like to know if anyone else is having this issue before I report it as a bug.

long face

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Chicago area

After more thorough testing with more products and product types I am still unable to see a special price when configured for a product. It doesn’t display on the category or product pages, it doesn’t show up in the shopping cart, and it isn’t applied at checkout. Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this?????????
long face

Magento Community
Magento Community

ThadBry

Total Posts:  27

I’m having a similar issue right now.  In the past refreshing the cache has helped.  Try that.  Also refresh the ‘Layered Navigation Indeces’ cache.  That might help as well.  If you come up with another answer that fixes the problem let me know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ThadBry

Total Posts:  27

I just found this thread. 

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/31555/

Apparently there is a bug in the special_price_from date.  It’s not converting to the correct format.  It’s Something like 2009-01-08 would be Aug. 1, 2009 where it should be Jan 8 2009.  If you set your from dates to 1/1/2008 they should show up.  It worked for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Chicago area

ThadBry - 12 March 2009 04:42 AM

I just found this thread. 

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/31555/

Apparently there is a bug in the special_price_from date.  It’s not converting to the correct format.  It’s Something like 2009-01-08 would be Aug. 1, 2009 where it should be Jan 8 2009.  If you set your from dates to 1/1/2008 they should show up.  It worked for me.

Thanks, that fix worked for me and I have reported this as a bug to the Magento Team.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community