Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error when using connect

Singleframe

Total Posts:  23

I have all my permissions sorted, but when I try and install anything I get the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 64 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/sfmtestdomain.com/httpdocs/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/PackageFile/v2.php on line 732

Any idea’s why this is happening?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

That happens because Magento tries to allocate more memory than what is available on the server (32 MB). You can try to increase the value of PHP memory_limit in .htaccess or a custom php.ini file.

In your .htaccess, add this line:

php_value memory_limit 128M (it may already be there, but with a different value)

If that does not help, rename “php.ini.sample” to “php.ini” and override the memory limit like this:

memory_limit = 128M

If you have root access to your server, you may also increase the memory_limit in the system-wide php.ini file.

If you do not operate your own server and the above steps does not work, ask your host kindly if they can increase the memory limit.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Singleframe

Total Posts:  23

Cheers I’ll give that a go!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community