Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Need help with Configurable products

pranali

Total Posts:  12

Hello,

I need to create something of this type (as shown in the image below). Can anyone please help me with this?

Image Attachments
productpagev.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi there,

To make product in variations you can use either configurable products or simple products with custom options. It is true that it is easier to work with custom options, but they do not allow to tack inventory of goods. Check comparison of configurables and custom options here -
http://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/simple-products-with-custom-options-vs-configurable-products

In case you need track inventory of variants, configurable product is for you. Tough, using it you will have to create lots of variations of simple products related to this configurable and at the front-end you will have drop-downs instead of table. See detailed video on how to create configurable products using the link in my signature.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community