Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

HELP - CMS pages url is wrong (not based on site base_url) and differ according to view

deepwear

Total Posts:  1

Hello

I inherited a magento website with 5 different views (so I have no knowledge of any funny configuration or change that might have been made in the past). It consists in a live environment (www.domainname.com) and a test environment hosted as a subdomain (test.domainname.com), both environment having their own files and DB of course. The base_url of each environment points to each domain and subdomain ("http://www.domainname.com/" and “http://test.domainname.com").

And the 2 following problems:

- On the test website, all CMS pages appear to use the wrong base_url: so on rendering, the link to the page appears as www.domainname1.com/index.php/en/cmsPagename… (pointing to the production website) instead of the test website (I would expect test.domainname1.com/index.php/en/cmsPagename). I checked the database (table core_config_data) and the base_url are correct, and flushed the cache;

- even stranger: the 5 views are used for 5 different languages but share some CMS content; the same CMS page shared by the 5 views got a plain wrong url (www.domainname1.com/cmsPagename - missing the /index.php/en/ path) for 1 of the 5 views, resulting in a 404 error. It really is the same CMS page enabled for all 5 views.

I should mention that all CMS are “normally” defined in the CMS/Pages section of the backend (with “url key” parameter simply defined as “cmsPagename” ) and that I have no similar problems with any other page (product view etc)

=> do you see a mistake in my config above that could explain the problem?
=> do you know any alternative variable that could override the base_url for CMS pages. Or another mechanism that could?
=> do you any variable that could impact the CMS url for a given view? Or another mechanism that could?

Magento newbie smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community