Magento Forum

Paypal Website Payments Pro UK no longer work in Sale mode

got-bonsai

Total Posts:  136
Wales, UK

Paypal direct payments (UK) has stopped working altogether when it is set on sale mode. 
This has already been reported as a bug here http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue/?issue=5382

The customer is redirected to the checkout/success page as usual and has no idea that their payment has failed.
Paypal has no record of the transaction, not even as a failed transaction.

It does still work ok if you set it to run in authorisation mode.  But then you have to go to paypal each time to capture the funds (as the magento auto-capture doesn’t work - for me anyway).  Paypal sends an email to the customer then as well once the funds are captured - this isn’t ideal either.
At least this solves the double total paid problem - now it’s just nothing gets paid.. wink

If you use paypal direct in the UK in sale mode - I recommend you check if it’s working ASAP and either disable it or set it to authorisation mode.

Is it just UK paypal direct that has all these problems?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Business Feet

Total Posts:  82

Has anyone found a solution to this yet, it’s been posted as a bug for over 2 weeks and there has been no response from varien

Magento Community
Magento Community

DaymoH

Total Posts:  106

Are these payments via credit card by chance?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Business Feet

Total Posts:  82

it doesn’t work for any type of payment when set to sale (credit / debit card)

Magento Community
Magento Community

got-bonsai

Wales, UK

in magento 1.3 maestro cards don’t seem to work anymore either with paypay direct UK - every update seems to break more things

Magento Community
Magento Community

DaymoH

Total Posts:  106

I had the same issue, but with credit cards only, debit cards were fine. I am now using protx.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sleyton

Total Posts:  13

Hi Got-Bonsai,

Just checked your site out, are you running 1.3? It appears that you have Paypal Website Payment Pro (Payflow) Direct Payments working fine? Is this the case?If so how did you get it to do that???

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

sleyton

Hi there,

Not sure if this will help anyone but i’ve been in discussions with a senior developer at Paypal who mentioned this:

“It seems that switch and solo transaction cannot go through Payflow as Authorizations at all so this isn’t something that can be “fixed” – it would suggest that magento are probably trying to put them through as straight sales automatically and thus they are hitting the broken section of their code.”

We are currently using Authorization instead of Sale when using Paypal Direct Payments as the Sale method does nothing at all…

Paypal then mentioned:

“I can only suggest that you get onto Magento and apply some (more) pressure you’re your side to fixing the issue they’ve introduced in the latest updates, we’ve already logged our concerns for both yourselves and other merchants....”

Magento Community
Magento Community

got-bonsai

Wales, UK

@ sleyton
I don’t know what paypal were talking about.
Switch/solo payments now go through fine in authoristation mode (legend has it that sale mode will work again in 1.3.1)

The problem 1.3 update caused was in the cvv validation - it will only accept 4 digit cvv codes for switch/solo

I had to edit core files to fix this

At line 173 (on mine at least) of core/mage/payment/model/method/cc.php
insert “3,” before the “4”

After doing that switch/solo payments work fine in authorisation mode - I have captured several today.
1.3.1 should be released very soon and apparently it will fix the sale mode not working in paypal uk bug.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sleyton

Hi Got-Bonsai,

Thanks for your reply, may I ask how you managed to get Maestro to be an option from the Credit Card Type list?

Thanks

Steve

Magento Community
Magento Community

sleyton

Hi,

Bonsai I added your fix and it worked a treat Solo/Switch now go through fine - however… The address does not get sent through to Paypal? Any idea why this would happen.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

got-bonsai

Wales, UK

Hi,
I don’t know about the address - we just use the addresses in magento.  I know there is a problem with paypal express and names / addresses so maybe this is related.  Certainly the change I said would have no effect on the address - was it ever working?

To change “switch/solo” to “maestro/solo” again means editing the core files.  The translation files don’t work for some reason and even creating “local” files doesn’t seem to override the core files in this instance.

Have a look at line 81 of core/mage/paypaluk/etc/config.xml and change it to whatever you want.
This will be overwritten when you update magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community