Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page title in version 0.8.16100

zadpro

Total Posts:  247
FL, USA

I have installed the latest version (0.8.16100). The page title for product page is “Product name - Sub Category - Category - Store Name”.
This shows same information even if I add meta title to product. I also tried to add diiferent titles to different stores (English, German, French and Defailt) but still showing the same page title.
I have also cleared the cache but still same thing.

I’m plaaning to remove store name from the page title. and I tried to edit view.php in app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\Product

$headBlock->setTitle($title.' '.Mage::getStoreConfig('catalog/seo/title_separator').' '.Mage::getStoreConfig('system/store/name'));

But no change, I don’t know what is going on and where this information is coming from…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

changing that line to

$headBlock->setTitle($title);
worked fine for me. gets rid of the dash and store name.

Thats at the category view level though. If you want at the product view level, edit

/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/View.php

Though i also think theres a bug in there. the call “$this->getLayout()->createBlock(’catalog/breadcrumbs’);” seems to clash with the $title attribute and mess things up. hmm.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zadpro

FL, USA

Let me mention the problems one at a time.
In this new version, I uploaded the sample products. Now when I change the product meta title in all three languages and default store, I still see the product name and category as the page title. I changed the meta title to something like English Store Test, French Store Test and so on. But it is still showing the product name! (Cach is cleared and disabled.)
Is this happening to anyone else?

Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

zadpro - 16 February 2008 07:00 AM

Let me mention the problems one at a time.
In this new version, I uploaded the sample products. Now when I change the product meta title in all three languages and default store, I still see the product name and category as the page title. I changed the meta title to something like English Store Test, French Store Test and so on. But it is still showing the product name! (Cash is cleared and disabled.)
Is this happening to anyone else?

yes its happening to me too. i believe its because of that breadcrumb creation block that overwrites the title. like here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/3480/

Magento Community
Magento Community

zadpro

FL, USA

I submitted a bug report for Magento team to take care of this:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=1285

Magento Community
Magento Community