Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

FireFox 20 ignores my javascript

mattilathehun77

Total Posts:  17
Minneapolis, MN

I’m using Magento 1.4.2 with a current version of prototype.js (see this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/271080/#t406738).  This works fine in all browsers and even worked fine in FireFox until the recent upgrades to versions 20.0 and 20.0.1.  The problem is that my toplinks no longer display, json files are not being called, and registration is impossible to complete because the dropdown for State is invisible.  My version of FireFox that I’m using to test these issues is 20.0 for OS X.  Javascript is enabled, so it should be working.  We have had numerous complaints from our FF users that they can’t sign up now since the updates.  Anyone else experiencing this too?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mattilathehun77

Total Posts:  17
Minneapolis, MN

Turns out it was jQuery that was the problem.  So I put everything jQuery at the top of the list of javascript external links in page.xml.  Now everything works in FireFox 20!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community