Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Design and programming question

sylvieP

Total Posts:  6

Bonjour,

I would like to reorganize the interface: put the top menu on the left with the different categories only (it’s already done) and developp the subcategories in the header on clicking on the main menu items (refreshing a dynamic tag).

As actually the all menu is developped what would be the best way to modify it? Put the subcategories in a php array as the menu is generated (Navigation.php) and create a php tag (or convert the php array to js array and use a js function and tag or ...?).

Thank you for your help.

Sylvie

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sylvieP

In the meantime I found the solution.

I encounter a another problem: how to declare a external javascript file in a phtml file. The script works inner the phtml file.

Thanks a lot.

Sylvie

Magento Community
Magento Community

sylvieP

It’s OK, I found it also

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community