Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Warning: cannot open /proc/net/dev (Permission denied)

bynal

Total Posts:  3

Hi, Please Help Me

I am just migrating from shared hosting into VPS. when magento run on shared hosting everything run smoothly, but after migrate to VPS (using Debian and spannel) my website showing this error everytime i insert product from admin or using search feature on the web.

Warning: cannot open /proc/net/dev (Permission denied). Limited output. Warning: cannot open /proc/net/dev (Permission denied). Limited output. Status: 302 Moved Temporarily Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0 Pragma: no-cache Set-Cookie: adminhtml=5fe0282f8bacbd87c106e46e3420030b; expires=Fri, 19-Apr-2013 10:30:39 GMT; path=/;

can anyone please help me how to fix this?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

G_Mehta
Guru

Total Posts:  418
India

It seems as permission issue, Please connect to your assign permission or connect to your host provider for the same. refer this post to reset files and folders permission.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bynal

Total Posts:  3

Hi thx for the reply, i already contact the hosting provider and they still working this out also. the problem is we and they don’t know which folder to be change the permission. i think the proc/net/dev is a linux system folder?

until know we still don’t know how to fix this, i will try to read you link, i hope it will help

Magento Community
Magento Community

G_Mehta
Guru

Total Posts:  418
India

Ahh! Ok!
“proc/net/de” seems linux path… btw, through my link you can reset the files and folders permission and that’s for magento and provided by Magento… All the best..!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community