Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error in Shoping Cart Price Rules when choosing Payment Method Condition

APEofGOD

Total Posts:  100

In Promotions -> Shopping Cart Price Rules, when I try to setup a Condition of the type Payment Method, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setId() on a non-object in /app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Promo/QuoteController.php on line 174

Someone knows how to fix it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

APEofGOD

No one has the same problem? Please, someone could help me?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hmpierson

Total Posts:  101

I can’t help you myself, but I was wondering if you filed a bug report?

Magento Community
Magento Community

APEofGOD

Yes, I did, but no answer yet…

Magento Community
Magento Community

APEofGOD

Someone knows how to fix it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

F.L.

Total Posts:  31

Have you solved this issue?
Suddenly yesterday the same error happened to my shop when I try to use Shoping Cart Price Rules.

Fatal error: Call to a member function setData() on a non-object in /home/domains/sitename.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Promo/QuoteController.php on line 87

I suspect that it depends from a new payament module that I have installed: “IDEALIAGroup Cash On Delivery” module.

I really hope that you can help me!

Thanks in advance & br
F.L.

Magento Community
Magento Community

APEofGOD

I needed to unistall the payment module and delete all file in the folders /var/cache and /var/session, worked for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

F.L.

Total Posts:  31

Thank you for your answer....

Unfortunatelly this method does not work for me!
I have deleted all the file you have mentioned and unistalled all the payment methods… Bit nothing I hav allways the same error.

Do you believe that upgrading to magento 1.2.3.4 could help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

screege

Total Posts:  107

Did you managed to solve it?

I get this:

fatal error: call to a member function setid() on a non objetc in /controllers/Promo/quoteController.php on line 196

running 1.3.2.4

Thanks if anyone can help

Magento Community
Magento Community

semantium

Total Posts:  44
Trier, Germany

I’ve got this issue too running 1.3.2.4. I also had the IDEALIAGroup Cash On Delivery Ext. before, but uninstalled it. Perhaps this is the culprit. Tried to find remainings of it in the DB, no results.
Pls help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

suricate

Total Posts:  129
Brazil

same problem hear but after upgrade to 1.4.0.1 from 1.3.2.x , but dont show any erros, only when select payment method as a condition, the page simply redirect to dashboard!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xeiro AG

Total Posts:  1

I’ve the same problem.

Here’s the message of exception.log:

2010-06-04T13:21:26+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception messageSQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1452 Cannot add or update a child rowa foreign key constraint fails (`shopantessach/sales_flat_quote_payment`, CONSTRAINT `FK_SALES_QUOTE_PAYMENT_SALES_QUOTEFOREIGN KEY (`quote_id`) REFERENCES `sales_flat_quote` (`entity_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCA)
Trace#0 /DOCROOT/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /DOCROOT/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(468): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /DOCROOT/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `sa...', Array)
#3 /DOCROOT/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(333): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `sa...', Array)
#4 /DOCROOT/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(546): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('INSERT INTO `sa...', Array)
#5 /DOCROOT/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(390): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('sales_flat_quot...', Array)
#6 /DOCROOT/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(284): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->save(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Payment))
#7 /DOCROOT/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Collection/Abstract.php(222): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->save()
#8 /DOCROOT/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote.php(209): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Collection_Abstract->save()
#9 /DOCROOT/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(285): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote->_afterSave()
#10 /DOCROOT/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Cart.php(358): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->save()
#11 /DOCROOT/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/CartController.php(177): Mage_Checkout_Model_Cart->save()
#12 /DOCROOT/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Checkout_CartController->addAction()
#13 /DOCROOT/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('add')
#14 /DOCROOT/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(177): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#15 /DOCROOT/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#16 /DOCROOT/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#17 /DOCROOT/index.php(78): Mage::run('', 'store')
#18 {main}

@APEofGOD which number has the bug-report?

- Philipp

Magento Community
Magento Community

screege

Total Posts:  107

My problem comes when trying to put a rule to a disscount coupon

Magento Community
Magento Community

JeremyFP

Total Posts:  24
Fort Wayne, IN

Did anyone ever get anywhere on this?

I don\’t have any payment or promo extensions installed, but I\’m getting the setId PHP error anyway. Nothing in exceptions.log or system.log, just the server error saying that it\’s a non-object.

The store kicks me out to my default store page whenever I choose a shopping cart rule based on number of items in cart.

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function setId() on a non-object in public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Promo/QuoteController.php

The code references to the newActionHtmlAction function in QuoteController.php

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/page.php5/contact.php/viewthread/216303 has a pretty good lock on the issue, but his solution was to turn off mod_security. I doubt that I can sell that, and an actual code fix would be better anyway.

Anyone have suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community