Magento Forum

Barebones Guide: 1and1.com Shared Hosting Installation (North America)

trailsofsmoke

Total Posts:  11

I feel like I’m close, but this is happening. I’m working with clean installs on two different 1and1.com shared account....

Do you think the path to the modules have changed?

./pear install mage-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers mage-core/Lib_ZF mage-core/Lib_Varien
Attempting to discover channel “mage-core"…
unknown channel “mage-core” in “mage-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers”
invalid package name/package file “mage-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers”
Cannot initialize ‘mage-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers’, invalid or missing package file
unknown channel “mage-core” in “mage-core/Lib_ZF”
invalid package name/package file “mage-core/Lib_ZF”
Cannot initialize ‘mage-core/Lib_ZF’, invalid or missing package file
unknown channel “mage-core” in “mage-core/Lib_Varien”
invalid package name/package file “mage-core/Lib_Varien”
Cannot initialize ‘mage-core/Lib_Varien’, invalid or missing package file
Package “mage-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers” is not valid
Package “mage-core/Lib_ZF” is not valid
Package “mage-core/Lib_Varien” is not valid
install failed

I’m guessing that there’s something that needs to be changed in the PEAR script.

BTW, if anyone is curious, the PEAR that I’ve run on other installs of this in the browser just simply die after a few processes. AND, it changes my .htaccess file back to php4.

Anyone?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

trailsofsmoke

update: I have another shared hosting acct at Media Temple and it works flawlessly. The issue is 1and1.com - can someone help me out?! smile Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

djvern

Total Posts:  2

Hi all,

I’ve just attempted to install Magento 1.0.19870 onto a 1and1 UK business hosting account and I’m getting the same problem at the database creation stage saying that a database table already exists, even when doing a clean install. Here’s the error:

Error in file"/homepages/26/d40567794/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/mysql4-install-0.8.11.php" SQLSTATE[42S01]Base table or view already exists1050 Table 'sales_counter' already exists
Trace
:
#0 /homepages/26/d40567794/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(278): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /homepages/26/d40567794/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(158): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('install', '', '0.8.25')
#2 /homepages/26/d40567794/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(144): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_installResourceDb('0.8.25')
#3 /homepages/26/d40567794/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(111): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /homepages/26/d40567794/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(195): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /homepages/26/d40567794/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(208): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /homepages/26/d40567794/htdocs/magento/app/Mage.php(404): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 /homepages/26/d40567794/htdocs/magento/app/Mage.php(423): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 /homepages/26/d40567794/htdocs/magento/index.php(40): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

I added the following to the .htaccess file to force php 5 and allow rewrites:

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler x
-mapp-php5 .php

RewriteBase 
/magento/

phpinfo() reports that the php version is 5.2.5 and I have set up a MySQL 5.0 database

Using phpMyAdmin I can see that 107 tables have been created by the install script before it failed, the last being ‘sales_quote_temp_varchar’. I’ve spoken to 1and1 technical support and they’re looking into if for me, but I don’t hold much hope! Is there really no way of getting the latest version of Magento working with 1and1?!

Magento Community
Magento Community

djvern

Right, I finally managed to get it installed - I thought perhaps my browser was the reason for the install hang (Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Mac) so I tried a clean install using IE 7 PC and although I got a few internal server 500 errors, by clicking back and re-filling in the locality and database details, it was able to complete the install. By checking phpMyAdmin again I see that all the database tables have been correctly generated. So my advice for anyone else if they experience this problem is to try a different browser!

Unfortunately the speed I’m experiencing using Magento (both front and back-end) with the 1and1 shared hosting account is waay too slow, so looks like I’m gonna have to go back to using a more basic open-source shopping cart, such as QuickCart, after all…

Magento Community
Magento Community

tygraphics

Total Posts:  1

trailsofsmoke - 15 May 2008 10:58 AM

I feel like I’m close, but this is happening.

./pear install mage-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers mage-core/Lib_ZF mage-core/Lib_Varien
unknown channel “mage-core” in “mage-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers”
invalid package name/package file “mage-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers”
Cannot initialize ‘mage-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers’, invalid or missing package file
unknown channel “mage-core” in “mage-core/Lib_ZF”
invalid package name/package file “mage-core/Lib_ZF”
Cannot initialize ‘mage-core/Lib_ZF’, invalid or missing package file
unknown channel “mage-core” in “mage-core/Lib_Varien”
invalid package name/package file “mage-core/Lib_Varien”
Cannot initialize ‘mage-core/Lib_Varien’, invalid or missing package file
Package “mage-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers” is not valid
Package “mage-core/Lib_ZF” is not valid
Package “mage-core/Lib_Varien” is not valid
install failed

Anyone?

In attempting to run the Pear scripts I got the same results. Is there anyone who could help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

trailsofsmoke

For whatever this is worth, I tried SimpleHelix.com hosting and the results were strikingly different. A nearly flawless process. Magento runs fast and the install was easy. I moved 900 products over from a CRE Loaded installation and....it just worked. I’m nowhere near technical enough to have a good explanation for it, but that’s where I am now.

FYI: 1and1.com hosting - difficult to install anything through PEAR
mediatemple.net - impossibly slow
simplehelix.com - not a single problem

Take a look, if you’re interested....

http://www.newurbanfarms.net/catalog/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Opinioneer

Total Posts:  5

Are you using the Standard Hosting Plan at SimpleHelix?
I checked the newurbanfarms.net site and it appears to run faster than my installation did at 1&1;, although still not as fast as another shipping cart script I have.

I installed Magento on 1and1 in the US and it was running fine until last week when I upgraded via Magento Connect.
I upgraded all available Extensions and that went fine, but when I continued to upgrade the Magento Connect Manager, even though it showed that the upgrade was completed successfully, the minute I clicked on another link I got an error. Since then I’ve been getting this error:

Error 500 - Internal server error
An internal server error has occured!
Please try again later.

With a change in the http file the homepage seemed to work, but all links continue giving the error. Any ideas anybody?

Magento Community
Magento Community

noelperlas

Philippines

Hi guys, hope someone can help me out.  I’m on a hosted 1and1 server (developer account) and I did follow the instructions.  But during the installation wizard, when I am in the Database Connection page, I get this error:

Illegal scheme supplied, only alphanumeric characters are permitted

- followed .htaccess instructions
- checked if database is empty or no tables installed
- followed the database name, username, host and password in my 1and1 admin panel
- host is something like db1234.performa.net
- magento version: ver. 1.0.19870.1

I’m stuck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

noelperlas

Philippines

scratch that.  I used a newer version and it now works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

StarTrack

Total Posts:  3

Thank you for that post.

I’ve just installed magento on a 1and1 Business Pro account and that did the trick.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mokono

Total Posts:  10

I am on a 1and1 dev account and am trying to get the shared ssl working. I have looked through several places in these forums that discuss how to get it working, I installed the cart and did not select SSL (i didnt have it setup at the time) and now i want to enable it.

I have made the updates to the .htaccess file, but that still gives me the “loop” error.

One of the last posts i read mentioned that it would work if SSL was enabled for both admin and front-end. Well, not only did that not work, now i cant get back into the admin since it is still “in the loop”.

If I can get this working, I will add a page to the Wiki specific to 1and 1 hosting so that we have 1 place for all of this information. We need to get the other posts locked and / or removed once we add it to the Wiki…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mokono

Any idea how to get access back to my admin section? I modified the path to the secure base in the database, but it is not updating the site. Is there a way to refresh the cache remotely?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mokono

Ok, I got some help on how to clear the cache from the database, now I need help with getting the shared SSL to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mokono

bumpity bump…

Magento Community
Magento Community

canopej

Total Posts:  5

Thanks for this interesting PEAR modification tutorial;

you said: I edited the file for you already and is attached in this post, just grab it

can you indicate where is that file and how can I downloade it.

Thank you and Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community