Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
Auction / Bidding - module

QDog

Total Posts:  6

Hi there,

i think it would be great if there were a little auction module in magento, where users can make their own auctions. Just like ebay wink

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

I don’t expect to have such functionality out of the box. This is something that will come out of the community most likely.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Monsterboy

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I agree with QDog
i would be very cool to have an auctions/bidding module for customers.

especially because i seen on all other E-commerce websites that there isn`t a single good auctions module.

So now i come to the most important point :D : please if someone has any good php skills and don`t has anything to do, plz make an module.
(plz do not flame me because i only wanted to move the really good skilled php coders to a module)

Magento Community
Magento Community

w a v i

Total Posts:  155
Varese

Yes agree with this important feature , also i think for the future the ecommerce system can’t forget the ebay market.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael Goedegebuure

The Netherlands

I think that the community than needs to build a module for eBay.

I am also very interested in a module that works with eBay so you can post your items directly onto eBay. We can use the Auction Lister Pro module that has been written for OsCommerce.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Matteo Raggi
Guru

Total Posts:  312
Italy

some my clients too want it, and others not..
more not for now fortunately..

Magento Community
Magento Community

pouya

Total Posts:  16

Hi,
I am also very interested in a module that works with eBay so you can post your items directly onto eBay.

I agree with Monsterboy, I am also very interested in a single good auctions module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jarisha

Someone is working on an auction module.  Please visit this site and register to encourage him/them:  magentoauction.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

PaulE

Total Posts:  43

Jarisha - 04 March 2009 05:36 PM

Someone is working on an auction module.  Please visit this site and register to encourage him/them:  magentoauction.com

I’m currently working on a magento auction module too. Got almost the whole admin already complete. But not sure yet if I would release it for free, since it already cost me so many hours to work on (I’m not THAT experienced with Magento).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jarisha

PaulE, please let me know if I can help you test it.  I’m not a magento developer, but I’m setting up a new store right now with the latest builds, and I can use it for testing.  I think there’s enough interest among my clients for auctions that I (and probably many more) would buy it if the price was right.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hucks

Total Posts:  150

Biggest Problem with free systems.
Some think there time is more value than
others so want´s to sell there extensions.
and others gladly pay for them . so lame.

a free system is not something to earn money on,
and your extension can´t be used outside magento so stop acting so stupid.
you can set up a donation button and then it´s free for us to pay and I’m sure
you will get money if people like it and use it.

tryede getting an extension and i looked twice when saw it cost money i cant believe ppl can do that,

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nick Pastuhov

Jarisha - 04 March 2009 05:36 PM

I’ve visited site and there is text on home page:

Sorry guys, the release is being a bit late again.

I was planning on releasing the auction module this monday, however, things changed and the release is a bit late. I’ll do my best to push it somewhere this week. Thank you for your understanding

Does somebody keep a watch on this site? How often it refreshes? Is this current news actual or it is showing there for long time already?

Magento Community
Magento Community

landsharkz

Total Posts:  10

Hi, we are currently having a Magento site created… so far it is coming together well. We would really love the ability to sell some limited edition, collectible products through an e-bay style auction type of process… time limited, highest bidder wins. I see this thread is getting stale and the site that is mentioned (magentoauction.com) doesn’t look like its changed in quite a while.

PaulE, you said that you were working on something… do you have something real coming together? Is anyone getting anywhere with this yet?

Thanks much.

Magento Community
Magento Community

archondigital

I’m also looking for an auction module… hope something turns up real soon

Magento Community
Magento Community

LekeFly

Total Posts:  22

Im also looking for this..

Magento Community
Magento Community

landsharkz

Total Posts:  10

FYI - I Sent an e-mail to the magentoauction.com guy through his “contact us” link… that was a few weeks ago and he never replied to my encouragement and request for info. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 4