Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PHP Extension “curl” must be loaded ? 

ronymia

Total Posts:  1

I want to install magento in windows 7 , and i use xampp server. But there is an error \\\” PHP Extension “curl” must be loaded ? \\\”
So now how can i remove it???

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jbalca

Total Posts:  11

Hi,

You need to enable CURL module on PHP.

Since you’re using XAMPP, uncomment the line

;extension=php_curl.dll
in xampp\apache\bin\php.ini, and then restart the Apache service.

NB: In newer XAMPP versions, PHP has moved to root xampp folder xampp\php\php.ini.

Cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Harnietie

Total Posts:  3

hi
am having the same problem too. i have been using joomla for a while now and want to install magento on my local server. my fear is that wouldn’t the new setting to my php affect future use and installation of joomla templates? or do i have to install a new php on my system? is it possible to run the two( joomla and magento) at the time on my system?

i am a newbie and really don’t know a lot about this, i will greatly appreciate every help i get. thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Harnietie - 29 November 2013 05:25 AM

hi
am having the same problem too. i have been using joomla for a while now and want to install magento on my local server. my fear is that wouldn’t the new setting to my php affect future use and installation of joomla templates? or do i have to install a new php on my system? is it possible to run the two( joomla and magento) at the time on my system?

i am a newbie and really don’t know a lot about this, i will greatly appreciate every help i get. thanks.

You can run Joomla and Magento on the same server of course. Both are compatible with the same PHP settings.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community