Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Bundled Products built from Configurable Products

enfluid

Total Posts:  10

Hello all,

On the roadmap the very first item is:  “Support for grouped products built from configurable products.” Since it’s first on the list, does that mean that it’s likely to be the next feature rolled out?

Also, when this is implemented, would it also support Bundled products built from Configurable products?

This feature would be huge.  In fact, bundled products aren’t very useful to me if they can’t contain configurable products. 

Can anyone from Varien give a feel for about when this would likely launch?  I’m about to launch a store that really needs to use this feature, and if it’s likely coming soon, I’ll hold off for a bit to launch with that feature, but if it’s probably going to be a while, then I need to figure out something else in the meantime.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

StickyTopic

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

we need the described product type(s) in the near future. But the customer don’t want to pay for the whole development.
On the other hand side, we do not want to develop a commercial extension. Because a core-extension is more save for the using customers and the product Magento itself. Thisis ehy we think it should be developed in a core-ready quality to ensure compatibility and success.

Currently it looks like a configuration utility with predefined sub products.
It means for us:

User selects car then color: blue, speed: fast
results in: 1 car blue, 2 chairs black, 4 tires large, because Car “blue” is a blue car with black chairs and speed “fast” means requires large tires.

The user may changes for example the number of chairs and the kind of tires if they are in the same category (chairs/tires).
For sure we do need an opportunity to enter such informations/relations between products in the backend.
Because we want to allow in the first step only 2 attributes to be configured for the head-product, it might be not that complex to enter.

Depending on the attributes of the head-product the picture may changes.
Maybe it has to be possible to disallow combinations for user changed sub products later (less then 4 tires or red car with pink chairs).

If you are interested in such an extension, please think about how much money you could spend for it.
Then send me a PM. If there is enough money we can start. It may takes about 160 hours to be developed.
Or even let me know what you are thinking about.

Best regards
Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community

bristweb

Total Posts:  15

enfluid - 06 March 2009 07:11 AM

Can anyone from Varien give a feel for about when this would likely launch?  I’m about to launch a store that really needs to use this feature, and if it’s likely coming soon, I’ll hold off for a bit to launch with that feature, but if it’s probably going to be a while, then I need to figure out something else in the meantime.

Thanks!

exact same question here

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagentoMaggie

Total Posts:  18

Please, Magento Team, I think this is extremely important as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community