Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin Startup Page per User

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

In System Configuration > Default Config > Advanced > Admin > Startup Page we can set where we want to arrive in the Administration back-end of Magento.

We have staff who have reduced access and they should not go to the Dashboard for example, so through Role Resources, that access has been taken away. But the directors do want to land at the Dashboard so we have that set as the default startup page. The rest now seems to end up on the Manage Customers page which is useful but not ideal. We prefer Sales.

It makes much more sense to have this startup page option as a user-dependent variable so webdesigners, marketers, order processors, dispatchers etc. can all have their respective best startup page that makes most sense.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

winzter143

Total Posts:  10

Yow, I cant find this the hierarchy of process to set the admin start-up page.
System Configuration > Default Config > Advanced > Admin > Startup Page

BTW, Im using magento 1.5.1.0

May I know what is the version you found that?
Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

crm4ecommerce

Total Posts:  24

Hi all, we have just release new extension Magento Admin Startup Page. I think this extension can help you to do this issue.

Let go to here to download http://www.crm4ecommerce.com/magento-admin-startup-page.html, this is a free extension for Magento Community edition.

Regards,

Philip Nguyen.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community