Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom Design Package: how to change Page/Category/Product header

IntSysCon

Total Posts:  2

I’m new to Magento.

I successfully created a new Design Package called nybeef, and have added customized versions of certain files to skin/frontend/nybeef/default and app/design/frontend/nybeef/default.  The home page of the site is looking the way I want (see http://newyorkbeef-com.secure39.ezhostingserver.com/index.php/).

The problem:  I’m unable to remove the logo from the CMS Page called “Why 100% Grass Fed Beef”, the “Steak Packages” Category page and the “Steak Package #1” product page.  I’ve searched the internet and tried to put modified versions of certain XML and PHTML files out there, but I’m just not able to accomplish it.  Is it because I need to make changes in multiple files, all at once?

1.  Can someone please tell me what files to change so I can remove the logo on those pages?

2.  Also, what file do I change if I want to customize the content of the navigation menu?  I changed top.html and replaced all the PHP code with some static HTML, and it’s still showing the dynamic content.  Are there other files I need to change, too?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

IntSysCon

Total Posts:  2

When frustrated:  ask the forums or:  put it down for a while and come back with a clear head.

I’ve solved my problems on my own.  For the benefit of others:

1. For the logo image in the header, I had blindly followed someone’s instructions for removing the logo from the home page, removing the <a href> around line 33 in header.phtml.  Looking at the code, this is part of a very obvious block that puts one logo in if “getIsHomePage” and another logo is used for all other pages.  Since I don’t want logos on any pages, I removed the entire blog from the php if through the php endif.

2. I was able to replace the navigation bar with static HTML by creating a customized topmenu.phtml file (same folder as header.phtml).  top.phtml is not the file to change.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community