Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Issue with indexing? 

MrBaseball34

Total Posts:  164

Many of our indexes haven’t been rebuilt since the store was installed in Sept. 2010. For this reason our reports just do not return any results.
Is there a way to rebuild these indexes without bringing the site to it’s knees like I KNOW it will?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MrBaseball34

Believe me, we DO NOT have that many products, actually, it is < 2500. It’s just that when the indexes are being run, the system just crawls.

I tried to run a sales report one day and I had to kill the process because the site became entirely unusable.

I may be mistaken, though, because I believe it may be our stats that is causing the issue. When I try to refresh the stats is when it begins to crawl.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MrBaseball34

Sorry, Monty, not sure if that will help me.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community