Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cannot finish checkout, admin is being strange…

Tunafish Comedy

Total Posts:  1

Okay, I’m really new to all of this stuff. I paid for an installation, and then a day later, it said I needed to upgrade to 1.2.1.2, which I did, through magento connect. Now, the checkout process hangs at the shipping stage, and I cannot make any changes in the admin panel. I can get into it, change a setting, commit the changes, and when I check them again, they haven’t been changed. And some pages in the admin panel just get the “please wait” spinner, and it never stops. (I’m assuming, I’ve only watched it for 10 minutes, and the page is unresponsive the whole time.)

I did a backup through the admin panel before I did the upgrade, but I’m not quite sure how to restore it. I can usually follow instructions if someone can show me what to do. I feel as though I’ve wasted my $150 install now, and I’m not looking forward to paying for it again.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community