Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SSL

crichw

Total Posts:  23

How do I install a godady ssl so that the seal shows in the footer?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Eyes2Design

Total Posts:  33
Lehi, UT

what server type you have with godaddy?

Magento Community
Magento Community

april_b

Total Posts:  3

Godaddy should have instructions on their website for installing the SSL on the server.  After installing, if you want to put the seal in the footer on your magento site, you should be able to copy the script godaddy gives you and paste it into the footer of magento.  In your admin, go to CMS, then go to ‘static blocks’.  If you’ve not changed anything from the default install, then you should have a block called Footer Links or something similar.  You can paste the code in this block to have it show on the footer of every page. 

As an alternative (or if you’ve removed your footer links block), you can go into your footer template file (app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/html/footer.phtml) and put it there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Eyes2Design

Total Posts:  33
Lehi, UT

Dont trust what Godaddy says they have good servers but Most of the stuff you have to learn or do yourself.. Like i have a Sared hosting with godaddy they never sayed hat they block ports so if your going to use a store like magento make sure you don’t have to post to a Blocked port like https:… I have seen then Bought a VDS from Godaddy..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community