Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I make more of a content block, like with news articles? 

AllynWA

Total Posts:  28
Allyn, WA

I am very experienced with xml, and am a relative noob to Magento. Coming from more of a content management background, I am building a product store that has lots of related new articles and spec sheets that would normally have their own content tree outside of the one for product categories.

Is there a good example of, or instructions outlining, how I might implement this inside of Magento? I have seen the Screencast on “Landing Pages” but it’s not enough to run off and develop my own content block yet.

Should I leave the news articles in a separate CMS (like Drupal or Joomla) or has anyone got a roadmap to get it into Magento? I guess I am looking for a more in-depth tutorial?

Thanks in advance for any assist.
Cheers,
Fred

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community