Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Troubleshooter Needed ASAP - Already Uploaded All Files.. . 

TA1212

Total Posts:  4

Hello!

I am running Magento on 1and1 hosting - I have set all permissions, and uploaded all files, but for some reason, I am still getting the error that I am not running the latest version of PHP, even though it is specified in the htaccess file to use PHP5. (this is how 1and1 does it).

I need someone to make this work for me. Perhaps I am missing something. I’m sure it would only take a few minutes for someone who knows what they’re doing. *=)

thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

so what does your phpinfo() say?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hez

Total Posts:  103

Just a thought - I ran into this on GoDaddy and finally figured out that I had the line in the .htaccess file commented out.  D’oh!

Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Total Posts:  166
Sacramento, CA

I also use 1and1 for my site.

I had the same problem when I was enabling SSL for my site.

Maybe this could help you. A tech at 1and1 sent me this change and it worked for me.

In the line that is expressly for 1and1 shared server hosted sites.

Use this

AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

Instead of this

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community