Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

image gallery not showing pictures

Punani

Total Posts:  76

i’ve just installed the latest magento without the sample data.
when i add a new product, i try to add more than 1 picture and when i push save, the picture i’ve tried to upload dissapears.
only the main picture is visible. when i edit the product and open the images section, i can see only the main picture.

next thing i tried was to import the sample data. this was succesfull!! when i edit a product in the sample data and i try to add a new picture, it saves the picture. now i can see it thru the backend BUT it doesn’t appear in the frontend! really akward!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

harry12bar

Total Posts:  168

HI, Possible) Check your file permissions (chmod) on media file and other file as instructed on http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/magento-installation-guide

this may help.
Good Luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

Punani

Total Posts:  76

i’m using windows xp and wamp installed in a workgroup enviroment
i’ve set “everyone” to full rights on the whole folder media but the problem still remains

Magento Community
Magento Community

harry12bar

Total Posts:  168

This may help:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/general/installing_on_windows_with_xampp_and_wamp

hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community