Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

error while rebuilded Search Index. Please try again later (STILL NOT SOLVED)
 
bolasevich
Sr. Member
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  235
Joined:  2008-03-04
Newington, CT USA
 

I upgraded and my search broke as well. site can be seen here http://vvs.dcmurl.dk/

i have manually deleted the var/cache folder about a 100 times

i deleted all previous searches from admin area > catalog > search and empty EVERYTHING HERE

i manually went threw every single attribute 58 total on this site and disabled the quick search / advanced search / search in layered nav .. basically anything to do with a search

i also installed that fulltext.php mentioned in the supposive SOLVED post about this issue
and no matter what i still get that error cant rebuild index

any ideas???

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
Freddy Bang
Member
 
Total Posts:  52
Joined:  2009-02-04
 

Hi Bolasevich,

Did you ever find a working solution for this issue?

I got the same problem after upgrading to v1.3.0 Yesterday.. I restored my backup to a new site running latest v1.2.x and here the ‘Rebuild. works fine so it broke doing the upgrade process.

Any input would be much appriciated

Thanks

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
Freddy Bang
Member
 
Total Posts:  52
Joined:  2009-02-04
 

Hi Bolasevich,

You’re right in your PM - most of our products are configurable products on size and color.

I have made a dev environment and cleared all the producs and now the rebuild search works…

Now I tried to export all products and move the images into the media/import folder but for some reason only 15-20% of our poructs gets the image reattached when I try to import them into the dev environment. So now I don’t dare to delete the production products when I can’t be sure the import works in 1.3.0…

What did you do in the end and does anyone have a solution for how to export/import all products which works on 1.3.0?

Any help is appriciated…

Thanks
Freddy

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
PurpleARO
Member
 
Total Posts:  50
Joined:  2009-02-25
 

I have been battling with the same problem, I did use the Cart 2 Cart migration software offered by MagneticOne but now my search and my REBUILD index does not really work correctly.

I am not sure if a bug has been reported, I have been searching the forums and wikis as well but all I find is the replacement of a .php file mentioned by the OP but it already contained the said file

I hope someone can really shed light on this issue.

Thanks

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
Freddy Bang
Member
 
Total Posts:  52
Joined:  2009-02-04
 

I got it working after upgrading to v1.3.1 and also found the extension which caused the problem.

In this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/128636/ I got a tip on how to debug the catalog rebuild, maybe it’s useful for you?

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
PurpleARO
Member
 
Total Posts:  50
Joined:  2009-02-25
 

Yeah I came across your post couple of days ago, but I have a fresh install of 1.3.2.1 and on my Magento Connect I do not have nothing installed in there....I was even trying to find your extension GC and install it and see if that fixes the issue but I can’t seem to find it under MC

Hope to get this sorted out today.

Thanks

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
PurpleARO
Member
 
Total Posts:  50
Joined:  2009-02-25
 

I think basing on my experience it had to do with PERMISSIONS and SERVER issues, while working on this project with my client, it was hosted in a different server, when we did the MIGRATION to the new server, I did a CLEAN UP on all the permissions and did an increase on my PHP limits, everything went fine.

This is for me...so as far as my issue on this TOPIC - SOLVED it by

1.) Adjusting the Permission Limits
2.) Doing a CLEAN UP with the Clean Up file found in this site. (it changes and resets necessary permissions)

Hope this helps others.  I know how frustrating it can get, been doing this website conversion for 2 months now and I almost to the end of it (or at least I hope)

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Back to top