Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Credit Card Processing (Which One Is the Best)

AdamJH

Total Posts:  25
Canada

My client was using 2CheckOut with OS Commerce previously and unfortunately the 2CheckOut Module for Magento has fallen out of support. The client with 2CO does not pay a monthly fee but does pay a percentage of profits. Is there any other module system out there like that which doesn’t charge a monthly rate, but rather a percentage of profits? What’s everyone using for credit card processing for Magento?

Clients having to sign up to Google or Paypal just to purchase something is not practical for something as simple as t-shirt sales. What’s everyone using for credit card processing?

Any help would be appreciated

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cbsteven

Total Posts:  73

I’ve been using Authorize.net for years and they’ve been great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdamJH

Canada

Authorize.net is more for established businesses as their monthly rates are a little on the high side for someone trying to start an online store like my client. Alternatives to Google, Paypal, Authorize.net welcomed…

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdamJH

Canada

Apparently Google Checkout is be on par for fees with Paypal as of May. 2Checkout module does work with the latest version of Magento for all who are wondering it just hasn’t been updated since August 2008. I will update this if any bugs are found

Magento Community
Magento Community

gfxguru

Total Posts:  186

Thinking of a Google Checkout account connected to Magento. Is this working? are their limitations for product attributes?

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdamJH

Canada

I’m sure it works for some people, but it certainly doesn’t work for everyone.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chrisbunk

Total Posts:  1

Authorize.net has been around for a while so its easy to integrate reliably with Magento however its far from the best payment gateway.  One of my favorites is USAEpay - http://www.usaepay.com/.  It has the best reporting features in the back-end and with proper authentication lets you look at the full CC number for a purchase.  On one project I had a requirement to build a membership system which was membership based.  I didn’t want to store credit card numbers on my infrastructure(PCI Compliance) but needed to charge the cards of my members monthly.  I was able to solve this by using USAEpay’s web service API addCustomer function so that when I needed to make a purchase the next month I could simply issue a new call. Of course I needed to develop a custom payment module for this in Magento.

For any gateway: authorize.net, USAEpay, etc. you need to get a merchant account.  I highly recommend considering National Discount Merchant Services as someone who not only understands e-commerce merchant accounts but provides some of the lowest merchant account rates published for card not present transactions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

merchantaccountless

Total Posts:  1

I went with BankcardClub.com in the end because of the pricing and I didnt have to deal with anyone face to face to sign up. Im using Authorize.net but Im planning on switching to Virtual Merchant since the rates a lower with them. Heres the link in case anyone else is interested.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community