Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Featured products showing on front page only if the “featured” category is under “Default category”

dinaiz

Total Posts:  8

Hi !

Using the instruction on the wiki (http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how-to/featured_products_from_a_category_on_frontpage), I added products from my featured category on the front page.

It works great when my feature category is under “default category”, however, if my category is a root category, or a subcategory of another root category, it doesn work, and instead, I see a message saying that no product matches my selection.

Obviously I changed the category Id accordingly. I think the default category is strictly identical to my other root category though.

Any idea much apreciated.

Regards,

Denis

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dinaiz

Total Posts:  8

Nobody knows ?  downer

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community