Magento Forum

No access to admin section

Yudi

Total Posts:  51

After installing sucsessfully, I cannot access my admin section - get a “404 The webpage cannot be found” message. I tried uncommmenting and re-commenting everything in the .htaccess folder with no luck. (For your info. I downloaded the .tar.gz file and decompressed it with WinZip.)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

whats the url you’re trying to get to the admin area? do you have mod_rewrite actually enabled?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yudi

Don’t know if this makes a difference, but with my shared hosting plan at westhost.com, files are supposed to be uploaded three directories down (which is what I did) even though the root directory would then be 3 levels above. (I first tried the root directory with even worse results.) At westhost, /var/www/html/ is for all practical purposes root level. I don’t know if this is typical by other hosts. Possibly this setup causes complications.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yudi

The URL is http://www.friedmansgifts.com/magento/admin, I tried also w/o the word magento. I thought mod_rewrite is by default enabled. If you think I should check, I’ll appreciate detailed instructions how (for a newbie like me!).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community