Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I Add to Cart without being redirected to the shopping cart? 

bradbnaz

Total Posts:  5

How I want it to work is...when someone hits the “add to cart” button the item gets added to the cart but user does not get directed to the shopping cart. 

Currently I have the default configuration: so when the “add to cart” button is hit the shopping cart is update and the user is directed to the shopping cart page.

How can I make this change?  Any help is much appreciated!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

foomin

Total Posts:  26

bradbnaz - 04 March 2009 05:20 AM

How I want it to work is...when someone hits the “add to cart” button the item gets added to the cart but user does not get directed to the shopping cart. 

Currently I have the default configuration: so when the “add to cart” button is hit the shopping cart is update and the user is directed to the shopping cart page.

How can I make this change?  Any help is much appreciated!

Go into Configuration from the System menu in the Admin section. Whilst in the Default Config, choose Checkout from the Sales menu on the left, and in the Shopping Cart tab you can set the “After adding a product redirect to shopping cart” option to “No”.

You can only do this on the default config.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MartinaL

Total Posts:  82

This didn’t work for me, i have this set yet it still keeps redirecting to the checkout page.

I am using version 1.3.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

rickahontas

Total Posts:  64
oakland, ca

For those who like concise instructions:

Admin > System > Configuration > Default Config > Sales > Checkout > Shopping Cart > “After adding a product redirect to shopping cart”: Yes or No

Works with 1.3.2.4

Magento Community
Magento Community

subesh

Total Posts:  145

You can use Ajax.. and using Ajax is explained here subesh.com.np/2009/11/working-with-ajax-in-magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

rokonboss

Total Posts:  44

@rickahontas

Really you r great.....thanks for your kind information........

Magento Community
Magento Community

phprelated

Total Posts:  21
Romania

I had a situation when I needed to use two “Add to cart” buttons in the same project with two different redirect actions. One which adds the product in the cart, but stays on the product description or product list page, and one which adds the product in the cart and redirects to the “My Cart” page.

There is a solutions for this here:
http://phprelated.myworks.ro/two-add-to-cart-buttons-with-different-redirect-actions-at-once/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anton_K

Total Posts:  3

Now, you can use free extension “Anton’s Cart” for solving question of this topic grin I understand - It is double of magento functionality, but you can develop your code based on this extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TemplateStudio

Total Posts:  9
Milton Keynes

Thanks for sharing guys.
That’s exactly what we were looking for
N

Magento Community
Magento Community