Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change images on homepage

Lee1

Total Posts:  21

I recently downloaded Magento’s Classic Theme.  Because it didn’t know how to add images on the homepage, I took the code from the demo store and inserted that.

Now I’m having issues with the images showing up.  The link to the product works fine, just the images.

No matter what I try and do, it just doesn’t show.

I have viewed image properties on the demo products and made my images the exact same site and viewed the image location in the properties and follwed them, but no joy.

Could someone tell me how to add the images please? I’m at a total loss and I’ve been trying for hours and now it’s just bugging me.

{{skin url=’images/media/best_selling_img02.jpg’}} - Is the code from the demo store.

How would I modify that for the Magento Classic Theme, {{skin url=’frontend/default/f002/images/media.jpg’}} like that?

Thank you in advanve

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Hippo

Total Posts:  34

The simplest way would be to overwrite the existing image.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lee1

Total Posts:  21

I’ve tried that and no joy.

It seems like I’m just not putting in the right URL path.

Magento Community
Magento Community

topsuppl

Total Posts:  14

I have been having the same exact issues and I find myself completely baffled. I have also tried inserting the javascript image rotator but still no luck at all.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community