Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Looking to fund Affiliate / Rewards Points Module

Glitchy

Total Posts:  17

I have a hosting account at SimpleHelix.

I am getting the following error on certain pages after a complete installation of AFA:

admin-overview.php and account.php -
Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchAll() on a non-object in /***my-path-to-afa***/public/account.php on line 45

However, every other page works fine.

Any ideas?  I would like to get this system up and running in 2008 ... smile

Thanks,

-Chris

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PeterC

Total Posts:  45

Just to let you know, I’ve replied to this issue here: http://tinyurl.com/shelix

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sweet Tooth

Total Posts:  121
Canada

I’m developing a Magento Points and Rewards Extension.  For concrete release dates, more information about what actually is going to be developed, a time frame, feature previews, etc, please send me an e-mail or PM me with your e-mail.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Total Posts:  380

When my company was looking at affiliate programs we looked at AFA, and it is promising, but it wasn’t there yet for our needs. In the we ended up selecting Post Affiliate Pro. PAP was hands down the best considering price and features.

Anyway, we had to write some code to get the level of integration we needed and we decided to make it publicly available. You can get it via Magento Connect, or via direct download at the link below.

Details on Post Affiliate Pro and the Affiliate Module

Affiliate Module on Magento Connect

Enjoy!

Magento Community
Magento Community

PeterC

It’s a shame AfA wasn’t suitable for your needs.  Can I ask what functionality was missing?  I can’t promise to implement it, but it’s always useful to know what people are looking for.

Pete

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

PeterC - 20 February 2009 11:38 AM

Can I ask what functionality was missing?...it’s always useful to know what people are looking for.

Yes, you may ask smile I’m going to be brutally direct though because I’m not in a bush beating mood right now.

I remember appearance was a big factor. AFA is ok for a minimalist site, but it didn’t jive at all with our existing design paradigm. Magento is also NOT minimalist, so the design is likely to be an issue for a lot of people. This becomes a vital part of their company image after all. Direct linking was also huge, and I didn’t see support for this in AFA.

AFA DOES do affiliate tracking, but for the most part it is a no bells and whistles system. We’ve used low-feature open source software a lot, and there are serious pros and cons. On the one hand, if you really need something you can code it, but on the other hand, it is really tempting to code things you don’t need. In this case PAP has a much larger feature set, and only cost as much a a few hours of development time. We recoup all our costs and more if even one of those additional features was going to become a “need.” Since direct linking was already on the list, the choice was easy.

Best of luck, and I hope many many people use AFA. It just didn’t work in our case and we wanted to make our solution available. I specifically wanted to post it in this thread because I landed here several times when initially looking for a solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PeterC

I remember appearance was a big factor. AFA is ok for a minimalist site, but it didn’t jive at all with our existing design paradigm.

That’s a fair point, I’ve added it to the list of things I should look at.

Direct linking was also huge, and I didn’t see support for this in AFA.

With AfA, affiliates can link to any page in your Magento store, and they will be credited with the sale.  Is this what you mean by direct linking?  If so then AfA actually does support it.

Best of luck, and I hope many many people use AFA.

Thanks, and good luck with your Magento store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

PeterC - 23 February 2009 03:53 AM

Is this what you mean by direct linking?

No, by direct linking I mean referral links WITHOUT any additional parameters. This makes affiliate links indistinguishable from other links and allows you to get maximum SEO benefit from the links. Look at the PAP site and you’ll see what I mean. (This is different from and better than so called “SEO links” which still include parameters without the hook.)

Magento Community
Magento Community

PeterC

It seems as though they’re using the referrer header for affiliate tracking.  Personally I wouldn’t; I don’t think it would be reliable enough.  Quite a few ISPs and security programs block this header.

Of course it’s also true that there are no perfect ways of tracking referrals.  If the customers have cookies disabled, AfA would fail to track them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PeterC

I am pleased to announce that AfA 1.1.3 has been released.  For full details please see the release announcement at:

http://tinyurl.com/affiliatesforall113

This is a bug fix release which should hopefully improve the stability of AfA in a variety of hosting environments.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PeterC

I am pleased to announce that AfA 1.2.0 has been released.  For full details please see the release announcement at:

http://tinyurl.com/affiliatesforall120

This release adds internationalisation support and the ability to set commission rates independently for each affiliate.

Magento Community
Magento Community

calik21

Total Posts:  2

Hi,thanks for posting. Im also looking for one,can i chip in? But my budget is lower than being offered in here by these guys. Wil be looking forward to this thread.
Thanks!

Regards,
calik21
Placement financier

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sweet Tooth

Total Posts:  121
Canada

We’re working on a affiliate program extension for Sweet Tooth reward points system.  It will be released as a separate extension and free for existing Sweet Tooth users. Check Sweet Tooth Reward Points out on Magento Connect!

Magento Community
Magento Community

PeterC

I am pleased to announce that AfA 1.2.1 has been released.  For full details please see the release announcement at:

http://tinyurl.com/affiliatesforall121

This release adds:

- compatibility with Magento 1.4;
- Spanish, Portuguese and Hungarian translations;
- various minor bug fixes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magdick

Total Posts:  2

there is a free but simple extension for points called J2T points

And also there is a great large points and reward system called sweeth tooth this is also a magento extension
only this one cost $ 399

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community