Magento Forum

Page 1 of 8
Looking to fund Affiliate / Rewards Points Module

draco5

Total Posts:  1

I’m looking for a developer that can build add affiliate & rewards points functionality to the store. My budget is mid $x,xxx

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Hadifarnoud

Total Posts:  210
Guildford, Surrey, UK

maybe he can : http://www.magentocommerce.com/group/view/129
hey mark split 50/50 :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

manolodf

Total Posts:  56
Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

I would also be interested in something like this, a multi-tier affiliate program as well as a rewards program for customers. a “ Frequent Buyer Reward” if you may.

Magento Community
Magento Community

moltar

Total Posts:  4

I can pitch in too. I am interested in something like this as well.

I’d like existing customers to be able to refer new customers and earn points based on % of the sale. Then these points can be used toward purchases in the store. No cash outs, just in-store points.

Magento Community
Magento Community

manolodf

Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

Moltar, I think what you want to accomplish with yours is have it have real cash values, but in your policies say its only for store purchases and make the payouts as Gift Certificates instead of sending them money, so automate the system into issuing Gift Certificates upon hitting certain thresholds like $50 in a given timeframe.

Magento Community
Magento Community

moltar

Total Posts:  4

Actually I don’t want them to earn cash, because leagally then it’d be an affiliate system, which is governed by some laws in Canada. So the point system works better. Points are based on percentage of the sale. Also marketing-wise, points sound more like fun, than earn $.

Magento Community
Magento Community

manolodf

Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

Yes, there is such a feature available for the cart I am looking to switch out of (x-cart) its by a 3rd party so I hope maybe some makes a similar module, Frequet Flyer Points etc.  But an affiliate system can be done just as well, just find the language file and chage it to Points instead of Money, then they redeem their Gift Certificates as points for products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

snarkys

Total Posts:  124

it would be really cool if this could also be tied into a referral point system so not only do you get a point for every dollar you spend but you can also earn a tenth or half of a point for every dollar someone you referred spends.

this could help generate an enormous amount of word of mouth and additional sales , as well has put your advertising dollars in the best place possible , paying your existing customers to find you more customers : )

Magento Community
Magento Community

manolodf

Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

You are basically just needing a mutli-tier program for Rewards/Affiliate, this way you can assign different point values for the different tiers etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RPGShop

Total Posts:  143

I am also looking for such and can chip in. I have some programming experience but not heavy into OOP.

James
www.rpgshop.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

PeterC

Total Posts:  45

I was wondering if people are still interested in sponsoring this feature.  I was about to license Jrox, but I’d rather have something open source, and I could justify writing an affiliate module if people were prepared to contribute.

If you’re interested in sponsoring this development, please let me know.  If enough people express interest, I will post a design proposal, and then we can revise it until we have something that satisfies the needs of all the sponsors.  How does that sound?

Magento Community
Magento Community

RPGShop

Total Posts:  143

I’d kick in $100 USD.

My specific needs are for a way to allow a news/community site to earn a % of store credit and/or paypal cashout for all sales that are linked to their refferal.  Usually I’ve done this (in past software) by having them pass their customer ID (entity_id) in as a url variable that is then stored in a cookie (variable, but 2 weeks usually) for the customer that clicked the link.

I’d also need a report to show total earns, payouts, and such for one or all affliates. Though if the data is in it’s own table and easy to querry I can live without it.

A bonus feature would be to allow them to call our site to get a random new thumbnail and have the affiliate id link passed back with that. The current RSS feeds don’t seem to work on my site - but an RSS affilate new product feed would do the job I think.

James
http://www.RPGShop.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

snarkys

Total Posts:  124

is there a 3rd party rewards system that could be modified to work with magento ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Christian_Norway

Total Posts:  135

Hi,

Are there anyone working on this affiliate add-on? Cause if not, maybe some or me, should take the initative to start one?

Guys what do you say?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gui
Guru

Total Posts:  588

I would be interested in a rewards points systems only. According to the Magento book from PHPArchitect this is something that is not to hard to implement.

If you follow the link in the second post I you will see that are plenty of people to chip-in. There just needs to be a coder who will really pick this up and start writing I guess.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PeterC

Total Posts:  45

Hello, thanks for all the replies and emails.

Snarkys, do you know of another open source solution that could be adapted?  I had a look for open source affiliate scripts and I couldn’t find any.  I could have missed it, though, and obviously if there is such a script then it would save a great deal of time.

Christian, I’m not working on this add-on at the moment, but if enough people are interested then I might do so.  If you want to work on it as well then that’s great, it will cut the effort in half.  (Of course I’m also happy to share the money people have offered.)

Gui, at first I thought a reward points system was rather different to an affiliate module.  Perhaps they are the same thing, though.  If administrators can change the description that is attached to affiliate earnings, it should work.  They can choose “$”, “£” or “points”.  Provided we’re careful about the design the same code should work for either case.  The difference comes on pay day, I suppose.  People operating classic affiliate programmes feed the earnings into PayPal or whatever, while the reward points are used to generate money off vouchers.

I’m wondering if we should actually develop two modules.  The first is a stand-alone affiliate script, a bit like Jrox, while the second is a module that integrates it with Magento.  That way, we can support other e-commerce platforms besides Magento, potentially giving us access to a larger pool of users and developers.

Let me know what you think—we should probably spend some time thinking about these big design decisions before attempting to come up with something detailed.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 8