Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Bug? Product Link Model is Missing Type “Super”

tolick

Total Posts:  5

Looking at the definition for: Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Link, I see the following types of product-links:

const LINK_TYPE_RELATED = 1;
const LINK_TYPE_GROUPED = 3;
const LINK_TYPE_UPSELL = 4;
const LINK_TYPE_CROSSSELL = 5;

Conspicuously missing from this list is #2 - link type = “Super”. Why is this one missing?

In order to programmatically create configurable products, I need to be able to link them to “simple” products. This is done via linking which will ultimately create records in the “catalog_product_super%” tables.

Is there a different way (API) to create these links between configurable and simple products? I’ve already been able to create the configurable and simple products AND I’ve been able to create the “Super” attributes needed for the configurable products. Now I just need to link them to the simple products… but these APIs seem to have been removed…

thanks,
tom

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Raman Gupta

Total Posts:  2

Having the same problem… have you found a solution?

Right now I’m considering a manual mysql insert but I’d really rather stick to the API.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community