Magento Forum

Upgrade/Installation of 0.8.16100 failing….  Now found a solution…

zadpro

Total Posts:  247
FL, USA

Upgrade to 0.8.16100 just stopped without completing and now I can’t access the store either front page or admin side. I am going to reinstall from scratch.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

zadpro

FL, USA

I tried a fresh installation on the same server. Again, it stock on the same step as it did during the upgrade. I let it set for over 30 minutes but nothing happened.
It stopped on:
install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Interface_Adminhtml_Default-0.8.16100

Any suggestion?

Magento Community
Magento Community

zadpro

FL, USA

I can’t find a work around for this problem. I removed everything and tried to install it again from scratch. In two previous attempts, I was using IE7. This time I used FireFox and tried to install the alpha (instead of beta). Again, it stopped at the same step:
install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Interface_Adminhtml_Default-0.8.16100

Any suggestion?

Magento Community
Magento Community

zadpro

FL, USA

I found the work around and it is now installed and working fine:
Here is what I did:
- After it stopped at install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Interface_Adminhtml_Default-0.8.16100 for over 10 minutes, I closed my browser.
- I returned to http://www.myDomain.com/magento but I had 500 error.
- The index.php file permission was changed during the installation to 664. I changed the permission to 755.
- Returned to http://www.myDomain.com/magento and the installation process started from beginning again. This time as soon as I clicked on the alpha method, the “installation successful” window poped up. Then the entire installation process completed smoothly. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community