Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Anyone else have customers reporting lost sessions when switching to HTTPS? 

phlux0r

Total Posts:  73
Auckland, New Zealand

We have ever so intermittent reports from customers experiencing lost sessions when they are just about to check out their purchase. Ie. they have stuff in the cart, click on check out now but then the site redirects them to the home page and the cart is lost.

I cannot reproduce this and it doesn’t seem due to the customer’s browser environment as JS and cookies are enabled etc…

Is anyone else getting similar reports form their customers?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

phlux0r

Auckland, New Zealand

There’s this thread on the forums here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/24781/

So I’m trying to see if turning the session validation settings to NO will help…

Magento Community
Magento Community

stratoship2999

Total Posts:  4

I came across this thread wonder if anyone else still experiences this issue as we certainly had a big problem for https recently. Customers were having trouble getting the credit card processed and when they hit that back button if they changed their mind it does not work, it takes them out of the whole cart.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kdtips

Auckland New Zealand

I had that issue once but at that time i think what?

Because i was working on a development environment so i think it was some coding bug or something.

It might be something to do with session validation that’s what i am guessing it now.

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community