Total Posts: 67
Designing HTML for email is a lot like stepping back into 1999:
* Use tables. (I know, I\’m giving tableless designers a wet willy here.)
* Limit graphics to gifs and jpgs.
* Don\’t use background images. (Outlook hates this)
* Don\’t use external CSS calls.
* Make sure to add height and width tags to images, so the content doesn\’t jump around as images load.
* Make sure to use ALT tags for images, so people with images turned off will see what they are missing.
Use inline style sheets, and use a system like EmailonAcid to test out your HTML email to see how it\’s going to render in different systems and platforms.
Hope this helps…