Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem Upgrading from 0.7 to 0.8.16100

gpmenos

Total Posts:  10

Hello.  The upgrade went smoothly, but I can’t use my theme anymore. 

If I try to use the default theme that worked in 0.7.x I get this (I also get these errors if I create a new custom theme by copying the default folders to new folders and make no changes to the files):

exception ‘Varien_Exception’ with message ‘Invalid method Mage_Cms_Block_Block::addLink(Array
(
[0] => Contact Us
[1] => contacts
[2] => Contact Us
[3] => true
)
)’ in /var/www/html/gotmoldtestkit.com/store/lib/Varien/Object.php:457
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: Varien_Object->__call(’addLink’, Array)
#1 [internal function]: Mage_Cms_Block_Block->addLink(’Contact Us’, ‘contacts’, ‘Contact Us’, ‘true’)
#2 /var/www/html/gotmoldtestkit.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(278): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /var/www/html/gotmoldtestkit.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(167): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateAction(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#4 /var/www/html/gotmoldtestkit.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(163): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#5 /var/www/html/gotmoldtestkit.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(278): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#6 /var/www/html/gotmoldtestkit.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(215): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#7 /var/www/html/gotmoldtestkit.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/CartController.php(65): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout()
#8 /var/www/html/gotmoldtestkit.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(337): Mage_Checkout_CartController->indexAction()
#9 /var/www/html/gotmoldtestkit.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(149): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#10 /var/www/html/gotmoldtestkit.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(147): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#11 /var/www/html/gotmoldtestkit.com/store/app/Mage.php(388): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#12 /var/www/html/gotmoldtestkit.com/store/index.php(28): Mage::run(’base’)
#13 {main}

Does this make sense to anyone?

Help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gpmenos

Total Posts:  10

Problem not solved, but system working…

I started from scratch a few times.  I was calling the new them “new_theme” ...without success.

On a fluke, I decided to use a new/different name for the folders and the theme, and it’s working fine… !

So, moving on.

Best regards,
Philippe

Magento Community
Magento Community

nomi

Total Posts:  36

I had the same problem. It’s because there was an update in the page.xml file in the footer area. The new code for your template should look like this:

<block type="page/html_footer" name="footer" as="footer" template="page/html/footer.phtml">
<block type="page/switch" name="store_switcher" as="store_switcher" template="page/switch/stores.phtml"/>
<block type="core/template_links" name="footer_links" as="footer_links" template="page/html/links.phtml"/>
</block>

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community