Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google Checkout Error

Greven

Total Posts:  36
Florence, AL

Hello,

I have added a sandboxed Google Checkout to my test site, and I’m get this error

Google CheckoutError parsing XMLmessage from parser iscvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1'' is not a valid value for 'decimal'.

What does this mean?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sumwatt

Total Posts:  5

I’m not familiar with the Google checkout or the error message but my suggestion based on the error message is this:

The error message is saying that ‘’ (an empty string) is not a valid value when it does a field type-check. The XML parser is expecting a decimal value, not an empty string. Double check to see if any numeric value you normally expect to be a decimal value is being passed as such -

i.e
<amount>1.00</amount>

...would be correct whereas

<amount>1</amount>

...would not be correct if <amount> is expected to be a decimal.

Magento Community
Magento Community

prd

Total Posts:  12
Plymouth, UK

Hi - I am getting a Google Checkout: Error parsing XML message when I try to use table rates for UK postage.

Google CheckoutError parsing XMLmessage from parser iscvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1'' is not a valid value for 'decimal'.

I have entered asterisks instead for Region/State and Zip/Postal Code on the tablerates. Postage throughout the UK is the same price regardless of postcode.

On the Google API in Admin / System / Configuration I have enabled Merchant Calculated and Chosen [tablerate] UK Postage under allowed methods. If I disable Merchant Calculated I move successfully to the Google Checkout Sandbox, but Shipping doesn’t carry over.

I have changed my Tablerate.php as per the hack in http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5789/

Does anybody have any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community