Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

after installing via SVN method, how to then use Pear Upgrade? 

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Hi, I’ve got a question I been wanting to know for quite some time.

I have installed one of my site using the SVN method.

But then it seems I lose the ability to use Pear Upgrade?

Is there any way to make the Pear Upgrade work even after you installed via SVN method?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sumwatt

Total Posts:  5

I’m new to Magento so I’m probably not the best to offer suggestions - but do you mean you lose the Pear Upgrade command from the command-line or is there another place in Mangento where you can run the Pear upgrade command? In either event, it may be a conflict with the Pear configurations. If you lose your standard PHP pear commands, it may be working against Magento’s Pear folder rather than the PHP default or vice-versa. The only other thing I can think of is if it may be possible Magento changes the Pear “channel” to a magento channel so that your regular Pear installation can’t see the regular Pear “channel”.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community