Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Enable Quantity in Bundled Product with Checkbox

kabel

Total Posts:  68
UNL, Lincoln, NE

@chason70: Please ensure that you have installed the module files in the correct location and cleared your Magento cache.

Please review the rest of this thread if you continue to have issue, as other users have been able to debug what went wrong with their installs. For example, your issue was mentioned at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/345550/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chason70

Total Posts:  67

Rakesh Dsouza - 01 September 2011 10:34 PM

Hi Kabel
I am using magento 1.5.1.0

I downloaded this
1.5 Branch Version (0.2.0): https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3vwOF6cNaa6ZTk2ZDM0MzktOTg3NC00YjA3LTlhMzItYzE5NzFjNzM2OTQ5&hl;=en

I have uploaded all the files correctly, after loging into the admin pannel and edit/add a bundled product then go to
bundled items-> Add a new option -> Select input type as checkbox and click on Add selection nothing happens. While editing the existing product the selected items do not appear.

Error showing in IE:
Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://your_domain.net/index.php/admin/catalog_product/edit/id/13/key/83cf8c86cc24d40bbfd93faa156e31f8/

---------

After a lot of checking i finally got it to work
it was the wrong file destinations. so now correctly showing in admin pannel

Now the problem is in frontend, i cannot see the qty field even after refreshing the cache several times next to the checkbox.

---------
Kindly help

Thanks
rakesh

I have the same error. ‘bSelection’ is undefined

How have you resolve it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

chason70

@Kabel

I have downloaded 1.5 Branch Version (0.2.0): https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3vwOF6cNaa6ZTk2ZDM0MzktOTg3NC00YjA3LTlhMzItYzE5NzFjNzM2OTQ5&hl;=en

And uploaded app and skin to the root (public_html)

I have the same error @Rakesh Dsouza

I have uploaded all the files correctly, after loging into the admin pannel and edit/add a bundled product then go to
bundled items-> Add a new option -> Select input type as checkbox and click on Add selection nothing happens. While editing the existing product the selected items do not appear.

I have cleared my cache at admin and from ftp var/cache

It\’s still no action when click on Add selection

Magento Community
Magento Community

Christen

Total Posts:  19

After a bit of searching, I found two file incorrectly named. I\’m not sure if it\’s the same for everyone or an effect of uncompression.

app/code/local/KAbel/BundlePlus/Block/Adminhtml/Catalog/Product/Edit/Tab/Bundle/Option/Selection.ph --> should be Selection.php
app/design/frontend/default/blank/template/bundle/catalog/product/view/type/bundle/option/checkbox.phtm --> should this be checkbox.phtml?

Magento Community
Magento Community

chason70

Thanks it’s worked!

Magento Community
Magento Community

hubmdp

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

First up I think your module is awesome.

But I am not approaching this in the same way as everyone else. I have built a custom bracelet builder. The user can select a small image of a product and the bracelet will be built through ajax and can be re-ordered etc.

I am then sending the order to the cart programatically. see below

$params = array('product' => $product->getId() , 

'related_product' => null ,

'bundle_option' => array( 27 => array( => 96 

=> 97,

=> 98

=> 99

=> 97 )) ,

'qty' => 1);

Although I have product 97 twice in the same selection the cart will only put 1x the product through.

I have implemented your module and the User Defined qty is set to YES for check-box.
But I still don’t know how to change the qty for each product in a selection programatically.

Any help would be mucho appreciated.

Jon

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

UNL, Lincoln, NE

chason70 and Christen: Thanks for making note of that issue. I have never heard of files getting renamed during decompression. It would be nice to know what OS (Win, Linux, etc) and decompressor (7-zip, gzip, etc) you used. I have tested the download in Mac and Linux using tar/gzip and everything was ok.

----

@hubmdp: I believe you are looking for something like http://pastie.org/2613730
You must pass bundle_option_qty for the selections you don’t want the default qty for.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chason70

Hi Kabel,

Is there also for configurable products?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

UNL, Lincoln, NE

chason70: I’m not sure what you mean by “is there also for ...”, but no, this module has nothing to do with Magento Configurable products or Magento Products with Custom Options. Both of those things are completely different than bundled products and have vastly different requirements and data structures.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nspacex

Total Posts:  4
EDDN

Hi,

First let me say: THANKS! smile It works perfectly.

kabel - 29 September 2011 01:34 PM

chason70 and Christen: Thanks for making note of that issue. I have never heard of files getting renamed during decompression. It would be nice to know what OS (Win, Linux, etc) and decompressor (7-zip, gzip, etc) you used. I have tested the download in Mac and Linux using tar/gzip and everything was ok.

I had the same problem (Win7 64bit). I think its a bug / limitation (path length) in WinRAR. Open the file with 7-zip and no file names are truncated.

regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rakesh Dsouza

Total Posts:  21

i have installed all correctly the backend is showing all proper.
in the frontend the checkboxes are not visible, i have found that when one clicks on the description below the box or price the qty box is activated and the default qty appears, funny the checkboxes are changed to desc and prices, clicking on it again deactivates. How do i get the check boxes instead of clicking on those?

attached a pic

thks
rakesh

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

UNL, Lincoln, NE

rakesh: If I had to venture a guess, I would say that there is a problem with your CSS. The functionality you describe pretty much confirms that the checkboxes are on the page. However, the CSS that you have applied to the Qty box is probably hiding the checkbox, by placing the Qty input on top of the checkbox.

You should adjust your CSS styles to ensure that the Qty input is not rendered over the checkbox.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rakesh Dsouza

Total Posts:  21

Hi

I could bring in the check box to appear using style.css now the problem is that the text is below the qty i tried to bring in line but could not.
which is the css file that i can check to bring all the three components in one line?
screenshot attached

thanks
rakesh

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

UNL, Lincoln, NE

The CSS styles are probably all contained in styles.css.

Specifically you’ll be looking for selectors:

.product-options ul.options-list .label
.product-options ul.options-list .qty-holder
.product-options ul.options-list input.checkbox

Magento Community
Magento Community

axaios

Total Posts:  6
Thessaloniki, Greece

Is there any way to be able to change individual product quantities of the bundle product when I am on cart page.

For example I have added 3 products of a kind and 2 of another as a bundle product and I want to remove one of the 3 first. Right now I have to remove the whole bundle product and go and start all over again.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community