Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 11
Enable Quantity in Bundled Product with Checkbox

timjukes

Total Posts:  8

Thanks, Kabel, much appreciated!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

empemitheos

Total Posts:  2

Hi, I can’t seem to install this properly, I partially got it working now but there is an error when I go to add to the cart:

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/seriesov/public_html/carttests/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Bundle/Model/Product/Price.php on line 272

can anyone give me some steps that I can follow to get this working from scratch? I’m using Magento ver 1.3.2.4

much appreciated

Magento Community
Magento Community

Elwood

Hello !

Nice work. But It seems not working in another language. When I put admin in english, no problem. But when I put admin in french, in Bundle Items, Bundle Items not print.

Where I can search for debug this issue ?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Elwood

Ok I found the problem !

Go on /app/locale/fr_FR/Mage_Catalog.csv and change line 189 :
“Delete Option","Supprimer l’option”
by :
“Delete Option","Supprimer l\’option”

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

Total Posts:  68
UNL, Lincoln, NE

Thanks for posting your discovery Elwood. I did not test my code with any translations.

Magento Community
Magento Community

q23media

Total Posts:  72

Hey Kabel...exactly what i’m searching for BUT for a checkbox in simple product options...is there any way to help me?? THX ALLOT

Magento Community
Magento Community

David Oliver

Total Posts:  177
Cologne, Germany

This is working perfectly for me in 1.4.0.1. Many thanks Kabel!

@Tuxi: be sure you are putting the files in the right place in your Magento installation. For example, I am using my package called jh and my theme called default, so:

I place the template directory in Kabels archive (which Kabel has in /app/design/frontend/default/blank) in /app/design/frontend/jh/default

I place the js directory in Kabels archive (which Kabel has in /skin/default/blank) in /skin/jh/default

I also added the contents of Kabels CSS file to my themes styles.css file which is at /skin/jh/default/css/styles.css

Magento Community
Magento Community

David Oliver

Total Posts:  177
Cologne, Germany

I’ve just recheced and the cart total including quantities is correct for me.

Check you have copied all the files correctly?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Archie21

Total Posts:  3

kabel - 08 January 2010 06:27 AM

There has been some general interest in doing this, so I have wrapped the code in a module and shared it via RapidShare <http://rapidshare.com/files/332229356/Kabel_BundlePlus.tgz> grin

== INSTALL NOTES ==
The extension is constructed under the assumption that your are using the the “Default” > “Blank” theme. So if you are using a different theme, you will need to copy the skin/template files to the proper theme location. Also the CSS included is just a snippet from the blank theme’s styles.css file. The layouts DO NOT include the extra.css file, so you will either need to copy the contents of that file to a CSS file that is included or add it to a layout file. The CSS is unverified in IE and may need some adjustments to work completely with any other theme.

Hi,

Thank you very much for this. It was exactly what I was looking for, I have been searching for days.
It was easy to add, even though I am new to coding. Thanks! Great work! I am really grateful!

Archie

Magento Community
Magento Community

Archie21

Total Posts:  3

BrightEyesDavid - 01 May 2010 05:20 AM

This is working perfectly for me in 1.4.0.1. Many thanks Kabel!

@Tuxi: be sure you are putting the files in the right place in your Magento installation. For example, I am using my package called jh and my theme called default, so:

I place the template directory in Kabels archive (which Kabel has in /app/design/frontend/default/blank) in /app/design/frontend/jh/default

I place the js directory in Kabels archive (which Kabel has in /skin/default/blank) in /skin/jh/default

I also added the contents of Kabels CSS file to my themes styles.css file which is at /skin/jh/default/css/styles.css

Hi,

Thank you as well. Reading Kabels instructions and your details was the right solution for me smile

Thank you very much!

Archie

Magento Community
Magento Community

dalberts69

Total Posts:  16

Thnx for the extension Kabal… but I can’t seem to get the quantity fields to show up in the front end. I can get the backend to work correctly, but the quantity field does not show even when the user clicks on the check box.

I’m just using the default template and I believe I’ve put the correct files in the correct places.

Thanks

Dave

EDIT: Nevermind… I got it. I just dragged and dropped the files when I should have put the front end files in /app/design/frontend/default/ instead of /blank/

However… now the boxes show, but they are disabled.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

UNL, Lincoln, NE

Assuming you have everything installed in the proper locations (as mentioned throughout this thread) everything should render correctly if, in the admin panel, you have set your checkbox bundle options with “Yes” in the “User Defined Qty” column.

If all that is done correctly, you should have products that look like the two images posted earlier in this thread. If you have confirmed that all is in the right place, try deleting your Magento cache. If nothing seems to be working, you can try to post a link or some images. That better describe what you are seeing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dalberts69

Total Posts:  16

Stupid cache. That fixed it. Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fred Boyle

Total Posts:  1

Having issues with this module. Everything functions as expected except on the front end.
Checking a checkbox does not enable the text field to type in the quantity. Following Javascript error occurs:

ReferenceError: Can’t find variable: bundle

Unable to resolve why this isn’t functioning. Any help would be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

UNL, Lincoln, NE

@Fred Boyle:

To ensure everything is working correctly, everything must be installed in the proper location (as outlined throughout this thread). If the front-end is not working properly, it is most likely due to an issue you have with a custom theme/design.

The template file that is responsible for defining the “bundle” variable is located at app/design/frontend/base/default/template/bundle/catalog/product/view/type/bundle.phtml (for Magento v1.4). That file is NOT a part of this module, so unless you have a custom template that is messing something up, it should work properly.

Please ensure the theme templates are installed in the proper location. If you are unable to resolve the issue that way, I would encourage you to remove all of file from this module and clear the cache to ensure everything is working properly without this module.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 11