Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 10 of 11
Enable Quantity in Bundled Product with Checkbox

kabel

Total Posts:  68
UNL, Lincoln, NE

adamroom31: You have the same problem that was discussed at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/382058/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adamroom31

Total Posts:  4

Hi Kabel,

Thanks for replying,

so your saying I have to replace the JS file with the Kabel JS file? im being ditzy today, where is the JS file under your module, I cant find it on my server.

Kind Regards
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

UNL, Lincoln, NE

Yes, that correct. As mentioned on this thread (in multiple locations), the old versions of this module require manually putting the module files in the correct place. And in some cases, even overriding core files.

You also need to make sure you have installed all module files to your server in the correct location AND clear your cache folder.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mugen88

Total Posts:  3

Hi Kabel,

Thanks for this great extension. I was just wondering...is there any way to edit the code in your extension such that my customers can select quantity after selecting a product in a dropdown option as well?

Refer to the attached pic for reference!

I reckon I will have to edit and add in a select.phtml file into kabel\bundleplus\catalog\product\view\type\bundle\option folder yes?

Hope to see a reply from you soon!

Image Attachments
checkboxForDropDown.GIF

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

UNL, Lincoln, NE

mugen88: That functionality is already a part of the Magento core. For your bundle option, you just select an input type of “select”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CarlofET

Total Posts:  11

Thanks for the great plugin here.

Another user mentioned a few pages ago about getting each selection of the bundle on one line. For example, before installing this plugin, the checkbox, quantity, label, and price were all on one line.  After adding this plugin there is a line break after the checkbox for each item.

I know you mentioned that this could be adjusted in css somewhere but I\’m a css newb and couldn\’t figure it out.  Could you be a little more specific about what files I should mess with to get everything on one line?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

UNL, Lincoln, NE

CarlofET: Most CSS work is just trial and error (in my opinion). But A quick change might be in

skin/frontend/base/default/css/kabel/bundleplus/extra.css
. Edit it to include something like:

.product-options .options-list input.checkbox + .qty-holder {
    float
left;

margin-right10px;
}

Magento Community
Magento Community

CarlofET

Total Posts:  11

Edit: Nevermind. I was using the entirely wrong magento installation directory . . .

Edit #2: That worked perfectly - Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

flexdaddy

Total Posts:  3

First off. Plug in works great! Thank you.

My problem is that orders that contain bundled items seem to be triggering a different sales order notification. Can this be configured and if so where do I look?

I’ve modified the ‘order_new.html’ template and orders with bundled items send out different notification email that doesn’t contain my modifications.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

takolako

Total Posts:  0

I love this extension and I have a clean install using Connect, but the only thing I am struggling with (I don’t know if by design) is the QTY is always 0 when I have User Defined Qty set to Yes, and it ignores the default qty.

My bundle is a collection of products in specific quantities (default), but the customer can a) uncheck and omit the product, and b) leave checked but just reduce the amount.

Input Type=Checkbox, IsRequired=No, Position=0
Add Bundle Item and set Qty =3, then Add Selected Products to Option
Now bundle item is
Default Qty=3 User Defined Qty=Yes Position=0 Default=checked

Shows up in frontend as Qty=0 by default, and I am wanting it to be the default qty I set.

Design? Missing something on my end perhaps?  Is this all handled in bundle.js?

Thanks Kabel!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

UNL, Lincoln, NE

flexdaddy: The sales (transactional) emails are beyond the scope of this forum topic.

takolako: Thanks for checking this out. A new version has been released on Magento Connect to address your frontend rendering issue. And the release notice post has been updated http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/33997/P60/#t319760

Magento Community
Magento Community

karthickb

Total Posts:  7

but in bundle product checkbox option the user defined quantity option does not enable..... how to fix it…

Magento Community
Magento Community

karthickb

i installed kabel bundle plus plugin.... but it does not working....
please help me…

Magento Community
Magento Community

karthickb

@ kabel
i installed kabel bundle plus plugin.... but it does not working....
please help me…

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

UNL, Lincoln, NE

karthickb: I can not help you if you do not give me any information about your problem. If you installed from Magento Connect, please ensure that you have disabled “Compilation” and have cleared your Magento Cache. Likewise, you will probably need to clear your browser cache.

Without some sort of error message or further explanation of your situation that’s all I can say.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 10 of 11