Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Enable Quantity in Bundled Product with Checkbox

davidtavcar

Total Posts:  2

davidtavcar - 15 April 2012 12:31 AM

It seems that bundle.js is not TAX price aware. Is there any quick way to fix that? My “Price as configured” shows prices without tax. Using Magento 1.6.2.0

Thanks for any information.

I figured it out:
In bundle.js I have changed from
price = this.config.options[optionId].selections[selectionId].price;

to
price = this.config.options[optionId].selections[selectionId].priceInclTax;

I hope this is it smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ParadoxLabs

Total Posts:  7
Lancaster, PA

BigFish1 - 19 March 2012 07:03 AM

I looked through this thread to see if anyone has run into this issue and I don’t think so…

First of all, thank you!  This extension is so helpful.

Everything on the bundled product page works nicely, but in the cart, the user defined quantity doesn’t appear (although the total price is correct).  No matter what quantity is input it appears as “1 X ...” Any ideas? (ver. 1.6.2.0)

Having the same issue...Did anyone find a solution??

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

Total Posts:  68
UNL, Lincoln, NE

It would appear that a few users are having issues that appear to relate with their custom themes. Please review the information below on how to ensure your custom theme properly supports bundle rendering. I apologize if this is overly technical, but I cannot claim support for ANY other modules and/or themes you have installed.

The list below shows the chain of dependencies for rendering a cart item.
If you are using a custom theme, that is, templates/layouts that are NOT from the Magento core, you will have to ensure that your theme is using the latest code from the core in the files mentioned below.

The format of the list is the (default) path to the file, followed by a brief snippet of what is expected in that file.

Bundle Product Cart Item Dependencies:

- app/design/frontend/base/default/layout/bundle.xml (your design layout file for bundles)

<checkout_cart_index>
        <
reference name="checkout.cart">
            <
action method="addItemRender"><type>bundle</type><block>bundle/checkout_cart_item_renderer</block><template>checkout/cart/item/default.phtml</template></action>
        </
reference>
    </
checkout_cart_index>
-- app/code/core/Mage/Bundle/Block/Checkout/Cart/Item/Renderer.php (Mage_Bundle_Block_Checkout_Cart_Item_Renderer: block model for bundle item rendering)
public function getOptionList()

{

return Mage::helper('bundle/catalog_product_configuration')->getOptions($this->getItem());

}
--- app/code/core/Mage/Bundle/Helper/Catalog/Product/Configuration.php (Mage_Bundle_Helper_Catalog_Product_Configuration: helper for bundle option rendering)
Inside the getBundleOptions(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Configuration_Item_Interface $item) method
$option['value'][] $qty ' x ' $this->escapeHtml($bundleSelection->getName())
' ' Mage::helper('core')->currency($this->getSelectionFinalPrice($item$bundleSelection));
---- [INDIRECTLY DEPENDS] app/code/local/KAbel/BundlePlus/Model/Product/Type.php (my module’s product type model override)
Inside the _prepareProduct(Varien_Object $buyRequest, $product, $processMode) method
$product->addCustomOption('selection_qty_' $selection->getSelectionId(), $qty$selection);
$product->addCustomOption('bundle_selection_ids'serialize($selectionIds));
-- app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/cart/item/default.phtml (your design template file for cart items)
<?php if ($_options $this->getOptionList()):?>

<dl class="item-options">

<?php foreach ($_options as $_option) : ?>
            <?php $_formatedOptionValue 
$this->getFormatedOptionValue($_option?>

<dt><?php echo $this->htmlEscape($_option['label']?></dt>
            <
dd<?php if (isset($_formatedOptionValue['full_view'])): ?> class="truncated"<?php endif; ?>><?php echo $_formatedOptionValue['value'] ?>
                <?php 
if (isset($_formatedOptionValue['full_view'])): ?>

<div class="truncated_full_value">
                    <
dl class="item-options">
                        <
dt><?php echo $this->htmlEscape($_option['label']?></dt>
                        <
dd><?php echo $_formatedOptionValue['full_view'] ?></dd>
                    </
dl>
                </
div>

<?php endif; ?>

</dd>

<?php endforeach; ?>

</dl>

<?php endif;?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chudacate

Total Posts:  5

first of all: great extension! thank you!

but i have an issue.. dont know if this is the right thread for this problem:

i have round about 550 products in a bundle.. the user have to decide which one he want to buy.. i can’t insert this range of products in the backend.. i can only add 96 up to 105 products in the backend.. the rest i have to insert manually in the database.. does onyone knows a fix?

this is the errormessage and my problem in “detail”

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/280185/

if i insert the products manually in the DB in the frontend are only showing 103 products - not more.. any idea?

and also i have the issue below in an other way:

ParadoxLabs - 09 May 2012 05:58 AM

I looked through this thread to see if anyone has run into this issue and I don’t think so…

Everything on the bundled product page works nicely, but in the cart, the user defined quantity doesn’t appear (although the total price is correct).  No matter what quantity is input it appears as “1 X ...” Any ideas? (ver. 1.6.2.0)

but in my cart, no quantitiy is showing up.. but when i edit the bundle, all qtys are still there..

magento 1.6.2

Magento Community
Magento Community

rareus

Total Posts:  17

Hi Kabel,

I’ve installed your module a month ago, it was working great until I installed some modules recently.
Not sure what’s going on, the layout and everything was there, but somehow the javascript isn’t working.
The “Price as configured” on the product_view page was $0.00, and when I check the options, the quantity box remain closed and there’s no update.

I’ve “reinstall” the module, but still doesn’t work. Any idea how to resolve? Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

PierMarketing

Total Posts:  77

rareus - 07 June 2012 10:10 PM

Hi Kabel,

I’ve installed your module a month ago, it was working great until I installed some modules recently.
Not sure what’s going on, the layout and everything was there, but somehow the javascript isn’t working.
The “Price as configured” on the product_view page was $0.00, and when I check the options, the quantity box remain closed and there’s no update.

I’ve “reinstall” the module, but still doesn’t work. Any idea how to resolve? Thanks!

I think I am having this same issue.  I just installed this about an hour ago.  Everything shows up fine but I cannot select the check box and I cannot update the quantity line item box.  I adjusted some CSS so the boxes are not overlapping.  I would also like to get rid of the general product quantity box as well as the check mark boxes if possible.

Here is a link to the page http://dev.delicateillusions.com/rio-scrunch-butt.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

rareus

Total Posts:  17

rareus - 07 June 2012 10:10 PM

Hi Kabel,

Thanks to Kabel’s help, managed to find out that there is something wrong with the javascript file (public_html/js/varien/product.js)
Apparently, maybe due to installed modules, the content was changed to Magento 1.7 version (currently using 1.6.2.0)
So after I replaced the file with 1.6 version, everything works like a charm, again!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

JesseStewart

Total Posts:  82
Salt Lake City, Utah

Hi.

I’m using magento 1.7.0.1

Everything seems to be working correctly until I add the item to my cart.

I created a bundled product with checkboxes and user defined qty.

The product looks fine. I select the items and fill out the “qty” field and the “price and configured” is correct. So far so good.

I press “add to cart” and the item in my shopping cart shows on 1 of the checkbox items, instead of the qty that I entered. All the prices in the shopping cart reflect the “qty” as 1 instead of the quantity that I entered.

When I click “edit” for the product on the shopping cart page - I get this error “Fatal error: Call to a member function getPosition() on a non-object in E:\www\glockets\app\code\core\Mage\Bundle\Model\Product\Type.php on line 855”

Admin looks and works fine.

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

sehajmathur

JesseStewart - 30 June 2012 02:03 PM

Hi.

The product looks fine. I select the items and fill out the “qty” field and the “price and configured” is correct. So far so good.

I press “add to cart” and the item in my shopping cart shows on 1 of the checkbox items, instead of the qty that I entered. All the prices in the shopping cart reflect the “qty” as 1 instead of the quantity that I entered.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sehajmathur

JesseStewart - 30 June 2012 02:03 PM

Hi.

Exactly same is happening to me on magento v1.7.0.2
Hope someone will find a fix for it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

UNL, Lincoln, NE

It has probably been long awaited, but with the help of ScorgIT, I’ve been able to package this extension up for submission to Magento Connect. As such, a new version is available to download that better supports the subtle changes found in the Magento CE 1.7 branch.

The [RELEASE] announcement has been updated at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/319760/. Please feel free to upgrade as you like OR wait until the extension is approved on Magento Connect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GeOT

and also i have the issue below in an other way:

ParadoxLabs - 09 May 2012 05:58 AM

but in my cart, no quantitiy is showing up.. but when i edit the bundle, all qtys are still there..

magento 1.6.2

exact same issue!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

UNL, Lincoln, NE

GeOT: I’m sorry you’re experiencing issues, but I can confirm that a clean install using any of the default themes provided by magento will render properly (as shown in the extension screen-shots at http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/catalog/product/view/id/13934/).

If you are using some other extensions or your some other theme/skin, I can’t really help you as I have no idea what your setup looks like. I have attempted to point people in the right direction by listing what they should be looking for in their custom themes at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/387391/

Magento Community
Magento Community

markoshust

Total Posts:  129
Cleveland, OH

@kabel, @GeOT, @ParadoxLabs, @BigFish1:  I was experiencing the same errors using the version in this post. However, the version up at connect is coded beautifully and works on 1.7+

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/catalog/product/view/id/13934/

Thanks for the great extension! I’ll most likely make this a dependency on a completely different module I have coming out soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adamroom31

Total Posts:  4

Hi There,

Im currently using version 1.6.2

Ive added this module via the magento download link, and i have installed, the problem im facing at the moment is this:

When I put these figures in

S x 1
M x 2
L x 1

In the checkboxed area, when its added to the cart these are the results:

S x 1
M x 1
L x 1

It seems to ignore the quantities I have put in.

Link to demo site:
http://vintagekills.co.uk/magento/parts/pck-of-3-test-products2.html

If anybody could help that would be fantastic, please email me @:

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community