Magento Forum

frontend template problem after upgrading from 0.7.14800 to 0.8.16100

optik

Total Posts:  3
Poland

hi there

i’m experiencing some problems after upgrading from 0.7.14800 through 0.7.15480 (the problem appeared here for the first time) and finally 0.8.16100

It seems that despite setting a proper custom package name in configuration/design, Magento insists on loading deafult.
Backend appears to be completely ok and template settings seem to be properly saved.

fyi my template was created for 0.7.14800 and consists of frontend skin and frontend layout/templates. i briefly checked the structure and layout files and it seems that nothing really changed that much between betas that would make magento revert to default template directory.

thanks in advance for any tips on that one.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

winans_fred

Total Posts:  83

Hi Optik

There were some big changes made to the front end templates.  You probably have seen that the javascript doesn’t work amongst other issues.  Unfortunately we went through this transition as you did and had to redo our templates.  The CSS seemed to remain the same for us, though.

Sorry & Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kameko.rouge

Total Posts:  58

errr what javascript doesn’t work now?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Hey guys, I’ve created a group called “Magentopedia” for known fixes for frequently asked questions.

Your question is almost similar to what happened to me earlier and I’ve posted a solution in Magentopedia group so you might want to take a look.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/group/view/195

See if that helps =)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community