Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Country Drop Down Menu not populating

Sc0rPs

Total Posts:  3

Hi all,

Bit of an urgent issue as it stops the site dead, still getting final touches but it is delaying the order testing, shipping, taxes, etc.

Not sure why or how, but the country drop down menu is blank, both is creating a new account or even to get a shipping quote. I tried to change list of countries, from none, to one, to all yet the same result. Searched to no avail… the site is www.vacudepot.com.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pbirnie

Total Posts:  12

Did you ever figure this one out?  I’m having the same issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sc0rPs

Yes and no, the work around was changing the settings from global to store specific. Sorry not sure the exact term as it has been a while and away from the store… and for security do not like to log into the store away from my main PC & network essentially.

In any case, what that did was bring back the list but is by no means a fix. There was still issues, and even after brining on a magento tech to find and fix the issue that also failed.

Bad news is I had to do a complete wipe and reinstall of the entire store, however to make it as painless as possible back-up and download your product list and anything else that you can. Then, configure magento to automatically do back-ups daily… a painful lesson we both have learned now. Only lucky part was my site was still in the process of being configured, so getting back to that point didn’t take too long…

Sorry I don’t have better news, if you do find out a fix please do post it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pbirnie

Total Posts:  12

Thanks for posting—luckily this was just occurring on my dev copy, not production.  I pulled a fresh copy of the

core_config_data table
from production and everything was fine.  I did a diff between the two files and didn’t see anything alarming. 

What tipped me off to that table was that several of my config variables were returning NULL.

The one major difference I did notice between the two files was that I had installed an extension on my local copy and had switched back to the main branch (so there were configuration values for the extension but the extension was essentially no longer installed). I’m not sure if that was the root of the problem or not.  I’ll keep poking around and let you know if I figure anything else out. 

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sc0rPs

Interesting, I did scour the net for an answer but what I did find was more then one possible cause. Granted the software is ‘free’ but it is quite the major bug to have this happen.

So any possibilities is greatly appreciated as you never know down the road, glad you resolved your issue… and remember… back-up everything! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community