Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Layered Navigation” in cache management - what is it?? 

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  889
London, UK

Hi,

What does “Layered Navigation” in cache management, under “Cache Control (beta)” really do? Is there any information on this anywhere?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Luke Berg

Total Posts:  8

I have the same question.  Particularly, if I uncheck the box ‘Layered Navigation’ under ‘Cache Control (beta)’, but continue to refresh the indices manually by clicking ‘refresh now’ next to ‘layered navigation indices’, does it amount to the same thing?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

Layered navigation cache stores quantities for attributes (say for color:  blue(67), red(12) ...) And layered navigation indeces store info about actual products. If you want to see advanced layered navigation in action, feel free to visit the demo of the Layered Navigation Pro extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

miked2004

Total Posts:  214
Atlanta, Georgia

Regarding Cache Control (beta), Layered Navigation: I had this option checked and the quantitys next to each layered filter were wrong. Any one know how to refresh the cache so that it would get the correct numbers here. I had to uncheck this option for the correct quantity to appear next to each filter.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community