Magento Forum

Magento seems to have forgotten my admin user/password

JazzcatCB

Total Posts:  24

I created a user/password for Magento admin. I have successfully logged in using this user/password in the past. But recently, I tried to log in with this user/password and Magento reported ‘Access Denied’. I have the user/password saved in a RoboForm Safenote, so I know that I’m using the right user/password. Anyone know what’s going on?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JazzcatCB

Update: I just checked the admin_user table, and it looks like my admin user is missing. There appears to be a master admin user. Does anyone know the password for that user? Is there a secure way to send that password to me? Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JazzcatCB

Nevermind. The problem was that I imported my sample data after I installed, and it overwrote my admin user. There really ought to be something in the installation guides about importing the sample data.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MindWerks

Total Posts:  9

Same problem, how do you fix it? Change the admin entry in the database or something? Thanks!

Update...nevermind found it. I believe Moshe (sorry if this is the attributed to the wrong user or misspelled) posted it in these forums that the fix action is to:

update admin_user set password=md5('newpassword'where username='admin';

with the appropriate database selected (me, I did it in phpmyadmin)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community