Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Free Shipping based on Subotal… is that right? 

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

Hi all

I have a trouble with free shipping and I don’t know how resolve it. I think that maybe this is not only a problem of mine.

When you setup a free shipping, you can give this offer based on Subtotal in cart.

For example, in my shop freeshipping is for order over 75 € (price without tax that is 90 € including tax).

OK… BUT

I have so many discount that people can reach with many items… and the problem is that subtotal doesn’t include discount, then if subtotal is 76 and discount is 8 the real subtotal passed to checkout is 76 - 8 = 68 €

The cart offer free shipping… but this is not a transaction with freeshipping!

The same thing appens when a customer put a coupon code (for a returned items etc).

Customer buy for 75 the coupon code is 30, the subtotal(2) is 45 ... but the cart still offers the free shipping

I’m not able to figure out how to resolve this trouble… I’m not able to combine a checkout rules that check eventually the Gran Total!

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

szotyi

Total Posts:  153

Im not using any coupon but I think it should do it as you request.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-do-i-set-up-free-shipping

“An example: If the customer has a sub-total of $105.00 in their cart they will have the option of selecting the Free Shipping method. However, if the customer entered a 10% coupon in the cart they would no longer have the Free Shipping option, as the sub-total after discounts is now $94.50.”

Magento Community
Magento Community

clorne

Total Posts:  236
London

Yes - if you have set up the free shipping as in the Knowledge Base it should work as you want

It seems OK on my test sites as per attachments but maybe you trying to do something different

Image Attachments
disc.pngdisc1.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

Hi Guys and thanks for your replies wink

You have reason I do not use the freeshipping under shipping methods configuration… I use a checkout rule to give 0.00 charge over 75.00 subtotal.

I use free shipping to give the in-store pickup… but now I changed the table rates at 0.00 for instore pickup, and the free shipping… for free shipping.

Problem is solved… but I think that customers can’t understand why they have a free shipping… and a flat rate, that for me mean the same type of shipping.

It would be nice if we can hide the flat rate when free shipping is available.

Anyone of you thinks the same thing?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community