Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

dbModel read resource does not implement Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract

VIANEL

Total Posts:  4
Essen/ Beyşehir

Hi,

I am trying to move my website(-s) to a new server. On my old server Magento and Database was on the same box. This Magento installation Serves two Stores.
I bought two new servers one for the DB and one for Magento only. My migration path was:

1. Copy old database and move it to new database server.
2. Change DB settings in app/etc/local.xml.
3. Cleaned up var/cache and var/ sessions.

So far so good. Everything till here works as usual, no errors. So I moved to new Server to install magento:
1. Downloaded Magento, extracted it in root web folder.
2. Copied all(!) files from old webserver and put it in the new.
3. Changed permissions to:

chown web37:client1 * -R
chown web37
:client1 .htaccess
find 
. -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \\;
find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \\;
chmod -R o+w media var
chmod o+w app/etc
chmod 777 includes includes
/config.php
rm 
-rf var/cache/*
rm -rf var/session/*/
/tempend ?>
4. Changed in .htaccess from
Options +FollowSymLinks
to
Options FollowSymLinks
and
#RewriteBase /magento/
to:
RewriteBase /

5. Added

AcceptPathInfo on
to Apache

this configuration gives back the

dbModel read resource does not implement Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract
with the trace
#0 /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Collection/Abstract.php(134): Varien_Data_Collection_Db->setConnection(false)
#1 /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(1348): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Collection_Abstract->__construct(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#2 /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(1380): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance(\'core_resource/w...\', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#3 /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app/Mage.php(490): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getResourceModel(\'core/website_co...\', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#4 /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(208): Mage::getResourceModel(\'core/website_co...\', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#5 /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(213): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getResourceCollection()
#6 /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(608): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getCollection()
#7 /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(466): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initStores()
#8 /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(349): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initCurrentStore(\'\', \'store\')
#9 /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#10 /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/index.php(87): Mage::run(\'\', \'store\')
#11 {main}

If change the permissions to 777 of the var folder the server tells me it had a 500 error but i can see absolutely nothing about this error in the error logs although if i change the Apache log level to \"LogLevel debug\” :( Same if i delete or rename the cache folder. Nothing helps and i don’t really know what can i do next. I have tried many many times to reinstall and I’m working to solve the problem nearly since one week. Any help would be nice :(

Notices:
- If I trying a fresh install everything works fine
- A new Install after remove the old local.xml file wants that some folders in 777, but breaks at next step (after the database initialising) in 500 error.
- Both Server have the Magento requirements, both local.xml\’s are identical.
- Old Magento Server:
CentOS 5.9
H-Sphere 3.6.1
Magento Community 1.7.0.2

- New Magento Server:
CentOS 6.4
ISPConfig 3.0.5.2
Magento Community 1.7.0.2

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community